Must be a custom Kamaka

Xtradust

I think it looks like an old repair. Someone must have replaced the back. The label also looks like it’s been peeled up and reglued.

Ukecaster

That's a concert, isn't it? Sail headstock? I bet that back has been replaced. I'd still love to play it, plywood or not! ;)

mjh42

UU VIP
UU VIP
Good condition??? While I'm certainly not a certified instrument appraiser I think the antuiqe road show folks would not likely say it's in "good condition"

EDW

Good condition??? While I'm certainly not a certified instrument appraiser I think the antique road show folks would not likely say it's in "good condition"

It often makes me laugh to see some instruments that are in poor condition and perhaps neglected or abused and see the listing describe it positively or use phrases like "some wear typical for its age"

Last edited:

ghostrdr

Is it the camera angle or does the neck fretboard angle and/or headstock kk decal look a bit off?

Peter Frary

The back looks like a poor repair/replacement. $800 is steep for a worn and heavily repaired Kamaka. It's only a few more Benjamins for a new one.

LarryS

Looks a lot of money for an old uke. But where does it mention laminate?

EDW

Looks a lot of money for an old uke. But where does it mention laminate?

It doesn't. I was referring to the replaced back. Not sure what that is

Nickie

$800? I nearly spit out my coffee!
That's a horrible disrespect to a fine instrument, repairing it half-a$$ like that.
I hope Sam Kamaka never sees it like that.

Ukecaster

$800? I nearly spit out my coffee!
That's a horrible disrespect to a fine instrument, repairing it half-a$$ like that.
I hope Sam Kamaka never sees it like that.

Yeah, even some koa contact paper over that nasty plywood would look better, then he might be able to realistically ask $399.00. ;)

20200406_195400.jpg

Last edited: