My 100th uke is done

Sven

Reaction score
Today I've put strings on seven ukes, six resos and one eight string soprano, which is my number 100. I'm very pleased with how they all turned out and that they finally are finished. I'll paste some pics on here tomorrow but for now a link to the blog will have to suffice.

http://argapa.blogspot.se/2017/01/the-greatest-of-days.html

I spent the evening tuning the eight string and playing it (in a ratio of about 5:1) and I really like it. I made all string pairs in unison, no octaves and no low G. I'm a bit of a fundamentalist and won't stray from re-entrant tuning but maybe I'll try octaves at some point.

And once all strings are settled I'll make an ambitious demo video of them all, watch this space. Now I can sleep and wind down.

Wow, that's quite a milestone. Congrats! Here's to the next hundred! :shaka:

Congratulations Sven!! I'm on #55 so I have a ways to go to catch you. Your instruments are looking really nice too!!!

I hope there is enough room for a 4th digit on your headstocks Sven. Argapa 1000 won't be long!

Congratulations Sven! I hope to finish number 1 some time this year.

Last edited:
Congratulations Sven!

Very nice, trying to finish my first!

Nice video, the ukes look and sound great: good to see your son has taken to playing the uke. Hope others are inspired on the road to making ukes by seeing that you have made 100 in your small workshop. Congratulations on reaching this milestone.

Excellent Sven - congratulations on your 100th uke!

I look forward to hearing the tarropatch, and seeing how different it sounds from my number 85 - think it could be from the same board?

Keep up the great work!

Peter (UK)

Once again, fanx to all of you for the kind words. Yes, my workshop is rather small. You can see all of it in the background of the video! I often get the question if I could build a guitar. I think I could if I could fit the parts on my bench, but I can't so I'll stick to ukes.

Peter, yes it would be the same board - one my dad bought in the 1960's to build his boat. He's still working on it btw.

Top Bottom