My first public performance

redsedge

Here's our little family band with my son doing wonderful stuff on the guitar while I strummed away merrily in the background. We're in the back room of a pub in Wales, UK which I thought you might like to have a look at.

RIMG0014.jpg

It was an open mic night and we played Sunny Afternoon (Kinks) and Rhythm is a Dancer. And they clapped! Woohoo!!!!!

UkeNinja

Heh heh... I love these micro-concert reports!
Back rooms in Welsh pubs, a pint of ale and some ukelele wailing in the background. Great stuff.

russ_buss

that's very cool! a family that plays together stays together. or something like that.:)

sukie

Aloha
UU VIP
Sure looks like you had fun. Congratulations on going public!

RON<>VA

As a father of 3 adult kids, it is so cool to see you playing with your son! You have to be one happy camper! Please do a video!

redsedge

Thank you all for your lovely comments. I don't have a camcorder, but hope to soon put that right now that the Flip Ultra has hit these shores.

SailQwest

That's so cool! Congrats on your first public performance!

UkuLeLesReggAe

looks fun, i wanna perform but my hands get so sweaty and then it sounds like crap...

uke142464

way to go, thats sooo cool, only performance I've done is school talent show, kinda sucked though good experience. I gonna try to set up a gig at my local coffee house (milkboy coffee) I'm sure it was fun!!! :nana:

Plainsong

My fingers forget what to do with themselves when people are watching me. I performed on stage with a uke once... not plugged or mic'ed, with other players that were, so no one heard me, thank goodness. All the better because I was told the wrong chords. :rolleyes:

Congrats on your first performance. If you're in Wales, there's a uke luthier in your neck of the woods. If he decides to drop in to the pub, you'll certainly be among friends!

Last edited: