My Introduction

magicspeller

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've already asked a couple of questions here (and more are on the way), so I thought it was time to introduce myself.

I'm a "senior senior" who just started playing the ukulele for the first time (except for a short time as a teenager long, long ago). I took piano lessons for several years (also long, long ago) but don't play it much any more. This is an exciting new venture for me!

I spent the first twenty or so years of my life in Alberta, Canada, but have lived in Utah for 40 years except for five-year stops in Illinois and New Mexico along the way.

Thank you very much for any future help you give me!

Hi magicspeller. Plenty of us late bloomers here. Enjoy.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to UU, magicspeller!

I hope your uke and your presence here brings you lots of joy!

안 녕 하 세 요!
Welcome aboard.

Glad you found us! Always nice to see other Canucks here (even if you've been planted elsewhere for a while) - I'm in BC on Vancouver Island. Welcome to UU, and looking forward to hearing more from you :)

Half Korean and half Japanese? Were you born in the U.S.? (If I'm being too noisy just ignore me, but I'm curious. I have a Korean-born son)
I was born in the Territory of Hawaii back in '49. Was your son also born Stateside?

So you're not far from my age! Interesting that Hawaii wasn't yet a state. I just recently realized that Alberta wasn't yet a Canadian province when my grandparents moved there from the U.S. in 1899.

He was born in Korea. We adopted him when he was three years old.

Welcome aboard! This is a great place for us "senior beginners" to learn. Enjoy!

Welcome aboard! This is a great place for us "senior beginners" to learn. Enjoy!
Who you callin' a senior?

(Also,1949 - I would post my cert, but the bottoms of my feet are very ticklish.)

Top Bottom