Name that movie QUOTE thread

mikelz777

Not North by Northwest. It is a more recent movie released in the 2000's.

mikelz777

The notable actors who spoke the lines or whose character was referred to in the quotes are:
- Jude Law
- Paul Newman
- Daniel Craig
- Tom Hanks
It was Paul Newman's last movie and he was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor.

mikelz777

Bonus clue: The movie is based on a graphic novel by Max Allan Collins.

Arcy

Strummin' in the Rain
Staff member
Bonus clue: The movie is based on a graphic novel by Max Allan Collins.
I have the graphic novel out from the library and am about halfway through. Good stuff! I hadn't remembered there was a movie, so thanks for the suggestion!

Road to Perdition.

Arcy

Strummin' in the Rain
Staff member
A modern take on a classic:

????? said:
'scuse me, is that your nose or did a bus park on your face?

mikelz777

Road to Perdition - correct!

"This is the life we chose, the life we lead. And there is only one guarantee: none of us will see Heaven."

I was inspired to use this movie because of a recent article I read where Tom Hanks said that no one mentions Road to Perdition when they talk about his career and that he thinks it is one of his best movies. I would agree. For those of you who haven't seen it I would highly recommend it. What a cast! Tom Hanks plays against type as a mob enforcer, Paul Newman is the mob boss, Daniel Craig is his worm of a son and Jude Law is a photographer who photographs the dead at crime scenes as well as taking on nefarious side jobs. It's an excellent movie I think flew under a lot of peoples' radar.

InTuneWithUke

"This is the life we chose, the life we lead. And there is only one guarantee: none of us will see Heaven."

I was inspired to use this movie because of a recent article I read where Tom Hanks said that no one mentions Road to Perdition when they talk about his career and that he thinks it is one of his best movies. I would agree. For those of you who haven't seen it I would highly recommend it. What a cast! Tom Hanks plays against type as a mob enforcer, Paul Newman is the mob boss, Daniel Craig is his worm of a son and Jude Law is a photographer who photographs the dead at crime scenes as well as taking on nefarious side jobs. It's an excellent movie I think flew under a lot of peoples' radar.
Fully agree and highly recommend as well!

ploverwing

Duck Wrangler and Rabbit Herder
Staff member
UU VIP

I'd not heard of it (but then, I haven't seen a movie in a theatre for well over a decade, and often missed out on things before that). I'll see if we can find it on DVD at the library. I like all of those actors, so I'd love to see what they achieve together.

mikelz777

Stanley Tucci also appears in a small role as Frank Nitti who was the money man for Al Capone's mob family in Chicago. Tucci is one of my favorite character actors.

Arcy

Strummin' in the Rain
Staff member
????? said:
Obvious: 'scuse me, is that your nose or did a bus park on your face?
????? said:
Fashionable: you know, you could de-emphasize your nose if you wore something larger, like... Wyoming.

Arcy

Strummin' in the Rain
Staff member
Reaaally sounds like Jay (of Jay & Silent Bob). Maybe Chasing Amy?
Nope. It's a modern version of a (real) classic. The lead is a Grammy-award winning banjo player.

A: What am I afraid of her for? She's no rocket scientist.
B: Well, actually, she is a rocket scientist.

OP
OP
Brian PacNW

Brian PacNW

UU VIP
UU VIP
1: You're a machine from that dumb war lab place. God, I'm so stupid!

2: Stupid - foolish, gullible, doltish, dumbell, lamebrain...

1: Shut up!

2: Shut up - silence, hush, sit on it, can it...

OP
OP
Brian PacNW

Brian PacNW

UU VIP
UU VIP
1: Malfunction. Need input.

2: Input. That's information! Listen, I am full of it.