Neck carving

That's how some necks were done in around 1830' ish, which goes to show that there isn't much new under the sun.
The difference back then is that they would turn a tapered cylinder and saw down the centre of it to create two necks.
The heel was turned separately, joined with a mitre and the head joint was done with a V joint.

That's how some necks were done in around 1830' ish, which goes to show that there isn't much new under the sun.
The difference back then is that they would turn a tapered cylinder and saw down the centre of it to create two necks.
The heel was turned separately, joined with a mitre and the head joint was done with a V joint.
Yes Michael I remember seeing some old neck blanks in a glass case in an old factory tour video and they were made like that ..and that's where I got the idea, as I already had a lathe with a taper attachment fitted.

Chest infection improving but still got a bit of congestion...went in the workshop to day and set the bandsaw for resaw work, cut off a couple of slices to test it. ..tomorrow if I'm better I'll be back at work again, hopefully :unsure:..that's if Mrs T allows me.
Chest infection still there after 3 weeks but slowly getting better ..The wife got it also and my Son Mike ...So we tested it out on a COVID test kit and it came up positive :) So it wasn't sawdust after all.

Chest infection still there after 3 weeks but slowly getting better ..The wife got it also and my Son Mike ...So we tested it out on a COVID test kit and it came up positive :) So it wasn't sawdust after all.
Hope you get well soon!

Top Bottom