nEw aNueNue noob NUD

rainbow21

UU VIP
Reaction score
Irresistable... U900 Baby Series Bear. There is a matching Rabbit one.

17 inch total length. Mahogany laminate front, back, and sides. Aquila Supernylgut strings. Rosewood bridge and fingerboard.

Cute as an uke could be (including the gigbag with bear arms) but sounds good strummed. It is not a toy uke. Intonation off but smaller size does not lend itself to fingerpicking anyway.

Most importantly, it is a happy ukulele! Even my wife loves it and agrees with my "How can I NOT buy this!"

Note cutout of rabbit soundhole in photo. Comparison with a Koaloha soprano. Sound sample at aNueNue site (see Jerry's link... thanks Jerry). Photos fixed.

View attachment 118126

untitled-720.jpg

untitled-722.jpg

untitled-723.jpg

untitled-724.jpg

Last edited:
How’s the volume like? It looks like a tiny tenor but much cuter!haha.
That gig bag will take a monumental amount of courage, at least for me to carry!

How’s the volume like? It looks like a tiny tenor but much cuter!haha.
That gig bag will take a monumental amount of courage, at least for me to carry!

Thanks for the initial link to this. It really is a good sounding uke and like a Moon Bird, has surprising volume and sustain for its size. Fingering is easier than I thought with the small size, but barring is difficult as the spacing seems to put a string right on a dead spot on my finger. Will probably bring it to my next uke group meetup. Gig bag only adds value to the purchase, lol.

You’re welcome and I’m glad it turned out good for you! I know how that dead spot for barring feels like when everything else is going great except for that. I’m sure it’s going to grab lots of eyeballs during your meetup.

Cool! Is this the one I joked about buying instead of a Moonbird and then AustinHing linked to it? Look at how things get started ... :p

I'm going to go watch some U900 videos now.

Last edited:
Cool! Is this the one I joked about buying instead of a Moonbird and then AustinHing linked to it? Look at how things get started ... :p

I'm going to go watch some U900 videos now.

That's the crooked path I took to purchase it. Love at first sight! (BTW, was $85 on eBay, add $40 shipping).

The KoAloha comparison is interesting. What kind of wood is used in the KoAloha?

That is a KoAloha Pikake concert in the photo, made of koa wood. KoAloha said these will be back in production later this year.

Edit: It is a soprano, not concert size

Last edited:
It's beautiful.

Thank you. It seems as if the koa from just a year or two ago was darker and more even than what is coming on the market today. I love the satin finish on the pikakes over the gloss. Some think sound might project slightly better too.

Top Bottom