New Boatpaddle tenor prototype at UWC

olgoat52

Reaction score
Jerry from Boat Paddle Ukes visited UWC on Sat. While he was visiting with the David and Thom of the Flea Bitten Dogs, I got a chance to play one of serveral prototypes he had brought along. He had a 4 string concert, tenor and a 5 string tenor.

What makes them unique is that the neck and sides are all one piece. The neck is laminated (very hard to see) and two of the laminate pieces are extended and bent to become the side. There is no neck block per say and the uke is feather light. It also rings like a bell.

IMG_2121.jpg

IMG_2122.jpg

Last edited:
I did not even notice that! I wish I had tried that ukulele. I did get to play David's Baritone while he was playing the 5-string Tenor. I was saying how much I liked the Boat Paddle ukuleles and how wonderful the design was and then Jerry says, "Thank you!" I did not realize he was the builder, standing right there. Still letting the awesomeness of UWC settle in...

I did not even notice that! I wish I had tried that ukulele. I did get to play David's Baritone while he was playing the 5-string Tenor. I was saying how much I liked the Boat Paddle ukuleles and how wonderful the design was and then Jerry says, "Thank you!" I did not realize he was the builder, standing right there. Still letting the awesomeness of UWC settle in...

LOL! Lucky you're not a Snarky Olgoat and said something less than appropriate! ;) Your performance was great at UWC. Sorry we didn't get to meet.

Wood pegs replaced with Grovers and a hard shell modified to fit. It should be on it's way here shortly.
TP2076a.jpg

TP2076b.jpg

Now aii I gots ta do is get to chug to see this beauty!

A very gorgeous instrument.... Any idea on the price range, or sizes? I can't tell if that's a soprano or a concert, but it looks like an "I Want".

Just gotta find out if it is also an "I can afford"....

-Kurt

A very gorgeous instrument.... Any idea on the price range, or sizes? I can't tell if that's a soprano or a concert, but it looks like an "I Want".

Just gotta find out if it is also an "I can afford"....

-Kurt

This one is a tenor. It is a prototype so I don't know what Jerry at Boat Paddle will be making them for when he starts producing them. I think his price point was $650 to $700 but you would need to confirm with him.

that looks sweet. Interesting concept with the side and neck.

that looks sweet. Interesting concept with the side and neck.

Makes for a really light tenor. I am anxious to see if I still feel that way. Things always feel a bit different in the middle of a field in Indiana with a gazillion uke players everywhere, a creek gurgling in the background and listening to the flea bitten dogs drinking coffee and playing 4 feet away. ;) Life was sweet for a couple of days there.

That is just ingenius & lovely to boot!

Looks like a nice Uke, anxious to hear how it sounds, congrats!

Top Bottom