New Book- Essays involving the Ukulele

Sharpshin

UU VIP
UU VIP
Hi, My first post, though I have been around here for a while, lurking and buying. Here is my contribution, since I have received so much great info on this board. I noticed this review of a book that features ukuleles in every essay. I have not read it yet, but it looks interesting and I thought some of you might be interested as well. I am not connected to the author or publisher in any way. Link to the review below.

https://lareviewofbooks.org/article/ukulele-gently-weeps-steph-cha-talks-sean-carswell/#!

-DT
ULO#3-D.H. very cool!
Timms Soprano-beautiful
40ish Martin 2K-volume+tone
30-40ish Martin Concert
Ohana 35GS soprano-The barker
Cordoba 10-C-surprisingly decent

janeray1940

I just picked this up at the library but haven't started it yet - hopefully over the weekend. I think it's actually short stories (fiction) and not essays (nonfiction) - looks interesting either way!

janeray1940

Aaaaand... two stories in and I give up! I'm just not much of a fan of contemporary fiction, I guess. I'll be really curious to know if others have read this book and what your thoughts are. Since it's not mentioned in the posts above, the book in question is Sean Carswell's The Metaphysical Ukulele.