New BrüKo Website - Fantastic New Models

Vitazora

Reaction score
New Brüko Website - Fantastic New Models

Brüko has redesigned their website. It looks fantastic.

And they have broadened their selection of special models to include some interesting and beautiful tone woods. I confess to having bought a couple of the sold out models, including one of the all walnut sopranos.

The action on the recent sopranos I received is superb. And intonation is spot-on. I guess you can tell that I am a big fan. ;-)

http://www.brueko.de/screen/overview

Last edited:
Wow, what a great change to their website. That is going to help sales. I love Brüko. I don't think there's a better value of there. Well, maybe there is, but I haven't seen it yet. I love mine. Aside from its sound, it's just a joy to hold. As comforting as a teddy bear and a lot less embarrassing to own. I love that walnut soprano, will you be doing a review of it? I'd like to know how it compares to your other ukes.

Last edited:
US buyers should know that the posted prices are with VAT added. That amount is deducted for sales to the US. Shipping is a flat $59 dollars and, once the order has shipped, it has taken about a week to arrive. I have never had to pay custom fees.

Nice to see the new site and models! Thanks for sharing!

Petey

The new site is quite better than the one it replaces. Seems certain the manufacturing demand may be tested with the new format due to increased navigation ease and better product layout. A few of those "Sold Out" models need some inventory backfilling.

If not for another uke order, I would be hard pressed to not go on a Bruko shopping spree...

The site is really improved. I like the new wood choices for the tenors. If I recall Baz did a review on the No. 9 tenor. Any idea if this is same design?

Thanks for sharing.

Weird/bummer that there are no baritones listed.

Thanks for sharing.

Weird/bummer that there are no baritones listed.

I emailed them and they said that baritones would be listed in about a month.

I really enjoyed the video. I could tell they really cared about what they were doing.

The ones with palisander wood (rosewood), are those now no-go for shipping to US under CITIES?

I don't think so. New CITES only monitors all kinds of rosewood trade (of the previously "free" species); seller should include a formal declaration of origin etc. And as the new CITES is only in place since Jan 2017 I doubt that Brüko has yet used any rosewood harvested after that date.
Besides that the rosewood portions of a single ukulele do not reach the threshold anyway (and AFAIK common rosewood species harvested before 2017 can still be traded).

In case of doubt, get in touch with your local customs authority.

I emailed them and they said that baritones would be listed in about a month.

That's exciting news.

I have an old Bruko ('70s) baritone with a hold punched through the back that's on my list to restore. Wouldn't mind having anew one to compare it to!

Brüko has redesigned their website. It looks fantastic.

And they have broadened their selection of special models to include some interesting and beautiful tone woods.

http://www.brueko.de/screen/overview

I had the privilege of visiting the Brüko factory two years ago. I had emailed Herr Pfeiffer about six weeks before our trip to Germany and asked if we could visit the factory. I also told him that I'd like to buy a rosewood soprano which was displayed on their site at the time. He replied, saying we were welcome. We set a date and time, and when we arrived, the Pfeiffers gave us a tour of the factory and took us into the "back room" where they had 13 soprano ukes of various tone woods laid out on a table. They invited me to try them all, and I happily complied. I was almost overwhelmed, and it was tough to choose just one. I ended up with a beautiful flat round back soprano zebrawood uke with a maple and walnut neck. The Pfeiffers have a large collection of tone woods and seem to make instruments from whatever they have on hand and whatever strikes their fancy. After leaving I wished I had purchased more than one. About 6 months later I ordered a #6 soprano online. They remembered me and chose one with a flamed maple neck. They're a delightful couple, and they make beautiful instruments. The new website finally does their ukuleles justice. I've hardly played my Kamaka, KoAloha, National, or Earnest ukes since buying my Brükos. BB806C99-CD07-4AE5-90F1-F3D30317A58A.jpg

Last edited:
I like this one on the front page, but I can't find it in the shop
IMG_0294.jpg

Have a look: http://www.brueko.de/screen/page/brkosondermodelle#

Dear Ukulele friends, on this page we have gathered an overview of our high quality ukuleles. Since these are custom made products, they can no longer be purchased.

However if there is a model you take a special interest in, please contact us. We will be happy to answer any question you may have on our products.

Write an e_mail to the Pfeiffers and tell them, what you want... if possible, they will make YOUR custom uke!

I like this one on the front page, but I can't find it in the shop
View attachment 100755

That dark beauty with the maple neck was on the website for a few days, then it was sold. But if you just send a message to Brueko/Mr & Mrs Pfeiffer, they won't have a problem in making a second one for you, I am sure. Just try it. It's definitely worth it.
I had my own custom Brueko made earlier this year, similar design, but made of cherry and maple wood. It's a fantastic piece of wood, with a very nice sound.

Top Bottom