New Chinese Ukes ?

Brian1

Reaction score
It has been a while since I took a look at that Chinese version of Amazon (ali-express) so I went over and took a gander to see what might be in the cards coming up for sale.

They had some interesting ukes I have never seen before maybe they are only new to me.

The "Uku" brand had something that reminded me of the cocobolo ukuleles made of ebony for under $150, A banjo uke for $100, and plastic ukes are probably going to be coming our way soon there were some plastic guitarleles (?) in the $90 range with pickups. And an assortment of basswood ukes $40 Pineapple, Watermelon, kiwi among them (along with Pooh and Tinkerbell that I doubt Disney is behind)
I am not saying these are good or bad I am just reporting what I saw.

China1.JPGChina2.jpgChina3.JPGChina4.jpg

Last edited:
the uku brand might be interesting. Perhaps the banjoleles as well. I'm not so hot on plastics at the moment.

the kiwi, pineapple and watermelon ones look like copies of the Kala/Makala ukeadelic line

those plastic guitaleles I've seen on eBay under the 'ClearWater' brand, and it seems several UK shops like RUMC and Omega have them (on ebay)...

now that banjolele, if it comes in tenor scale, maybe is something I'd take a chance on at that price

Top Bottom