New fella from Pa.

PaMike34

Hi everyone,
New to ukuleles. I have played guitar for years so it is not totally a new concept to me. I got into it due to my daughter showing interest in starting to play. I bought her an Alvarez AU90CCE. I started playing with it to teach her and now here I am.

Ms Bean

Welcome to UU, PaMike34!
I thought I'd buy a tenor to support my daughter's learning the uke. Well, she doesn't hate it, but she's not into it either. Anyway, I was won over from day one! I hope she enjoys playing with you!

PaMike34

Sadly, I believe, “doesn’t hate it”, is about where my daughter is with playing the ukulele as well.

Kenn2018

UU VIP
UU VIP
Hi Mike, welcome to the UU Forum. I hope you and your daughter are having fun learning and playing together.

Many years ago, I lived in Erie, PA. That little growth at the NW corner of the state on Lake Erie. As the People in Erie often say about the weather: "At least it isn't Buffalo." Which is ironic, because my wife used to live in Buffalo. (I'm originally from Akron, OH.) We moved to Erie from Phoenix, AZ!—Double irony.

PaMike34

Hi Mike, welcome to the UU Forum. I hope you and your daughter are having fun learning and playing together.

Many years ago, I lived in Erie, PA. That little growth at the NW corner of the state on Lake Erie. As the People in Erie often say about the weather: "At least it isn't Buffalo." Which is ironic, because my wife used to live in Buffalo. (I'm originally from Akron, OH.) We moved to Erie from Phoenix, AZ!—Double irony.
Thanks. We moved to York a few years ago from Floyd, Va.

Sporky

Welcome 🤗
I'm Sporky from Montreal, but I've walked through the area on an AT hike. Loved it. I hope to return one day!