New Fence and thin sides

Hi, Ken. How is your fence held in place? I see a cam but have no idea what it does.

Thanks!

I just found this video ... another way to look at it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k-r5utmU2Q&feature=share

Well I looked at the fancy clamping system and the sled arrangement and I thought to myself, "would that not be easier if I just used a standard fence and cut off my thin bits with the thick bit on the inside? "

Damn straight! I don't even think I need a special wheel or finger board or anything really.

That's a great re-saw fence Ken. Love your use of the magnets to hold it in place. I learned a lot from the video on bandsaw setup, Your posts and YouTube videos have really been an inspiration and help for my first ukulele build. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
Ed

I'm having problems getting on you tube at the moment..l bought a new computer and lost my password details on the old one..and I've forgotten the password :(
What platform are you using? Apple or Windows? If you're using the Chrome processor you may be able to find your passwords. You can PM me if that is the case and I can walk you through that.

It looks very stylish. I have always admired men who know how to do something about housework. In general, I really love miniature low wood fences. They look very comfortable and harmoniously with all the varieties of the architecture of the house. We ordered our fence on walshlandscaping.co.uk. This is undoubtedly very convenient when you just paid, and they brought and installed everything in a short time. But in all you do with your own hands, there is always a part of your soul.
This is a Joke ..Right :)..I mentioned the word "Fence" and a Landscaping company pick it up remotely...it's a good job I didn't say "vice"

. See this video
This Guy is worth watching...Remember you should not ever get drift on a bandsaw, never..if you do it's set up wrong

Although I wouldn't advise anyone to remove their table like that and put it back without proper alignment. That will lead to the blade not being aligned to the mitre slot and will also likely lead to the stock you are cutting wanting to pull away from the fence.

This is a Joke ..Right :)..I mentioned the word "Fence" and a Landscaping company pick it up remotely...it's a good job I didn't say "vice"
Looks like your old thread got spammed… new member, one post :- )

Although I wouldn't advise anyone to remove their table like that and put it back without proper alignment. That will lead to the blade not being aligned to the mitre slot and will also likely lead to the stock you are cutting wanting to pull away from the fence.
I agree. I once did as he suggested and had the devil's own job of getting the thing back on, set up and re-aligned. Having said that, the rest of his ideas are great - as are his results.
Miguel

I agree. I once did as he suggested and had the devil's own job of getting the thing back on, set up and re-aligned. Having said that, the rest of his ideas are great - as are his results.
Miguel
Yes he certainly gets the results. It would just be nice if there was a more rounded presentation of the pros and cons, but then he is a salesman so just doing his job. For example tracking the gullet of the blade in the centre of the wheel. It works fine and in theory you wouldn't need to reset your guides. But the cut quality and drift is no different for me, and in reality I still have to fine tune the guide blocks. In addition, if you do it for many years you get uneven wear on your tyres so your blade ends up off-square eventually. If you work for Carter you can just reach into the store and grab some more tyres so that's fine, but for the rest of us (especially in the UK) getting hold of new tyres is not easy.

Miguel
The bandsaw that he is using is designed for easy table removal...if I had to remove the table on mine it would need two people to hold it while undoing a load of cap screws ....it was a struggle fitting it in the first place when the bandsaw first arrived and had to be assembled.. I can see the lower guide bearings clearly for adjusting thro the hole where the nylon insert fits and it's not a problem adjusting them....every now and again I remove the whole guide assembly from the saw and give them a good clean.

This thread reminded me I needed to order some more fastcut bandsaw blades from Tuffsaws as I'm on my last one.

Disaster! My 12" bandsaw has a max blade width of 1/2", and Tuffsaw no longer stock the 1/2" fastcut blade! Only 5/8" and 3/4".

They have a 3/4 variable pitch tpi blade so will give that a go, but it won't be the same I'm sure...

Top Bottom