New member building a banjo ukulele

Rc99

Reaction score
Hi there

I play blues guitar, recently got into bluegrass. Inspired by the cigar box guitar scene, I've decided to build a larger sized, banjo looking Uke resonator. I'm using a large banjo resonator and tambourine for the body. Will use banjo strings and tune to open g

I've spent hours combing the net trying to find finished uke necks (complete with fretboard.) They don't seem to be available anywhere. Anyone any idea as to why? Ideally I just want to glue a ready neck on

Anyway, look forward to entering this world

Cheers

Rick.

Hi there

I play blues guitar, recently got into bluegrass. Inspired by the cigar box guitar scene, I've decided to build a larger sized, banjo looking Uke resonator. I'm using a large banjo resonator and tambourine for the body. Will use banjo strings and tune to open g

I've spent hours combing the net trying to find finished uke necks (complete with fretboard.) They don't seem to be available anywhere. Anyone any idea as to why? Ideally I just want to glue a ready neck on

Anyway, look forward to entering this world

Cheers

Rick.
Hi Rick! Welcome to the UU forum. You may have better luck with this question in the Luthiers' Lounge section of the forum, or even the Uke Talk forum. Good luck on your build!!

You can find many uke necks and fretboards on eBay or AliExpress if you can wait for shipment from China.

More expensive but likely higher quality ones are available from Mainland Ukes in the US (probably still made in China, but presumably vetted to Mainkand's standard)

None that I've seen are finished. You'll have to glue them on and then apply the finish of your choice. Pre-finished makes more sense for a bolt-on neck

You can find many uke necks and fretboards on eBay or AliExpress if you can wait for shipment from China.

More expensive but likely higher quality ones are available from Mainland Ukes in the US (probably still made in China, but presumably vetted to Mainkand's standard)

None that I've seen are finished. You'll have to glue them on and then apply the finish of your choice. Pre-finished makes more sense for a bolt-on neck
All the ones I've seen are like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/22507967...lgoj0k-sna&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

What I dont understand is why with Ukes there seems to be a seperation between fretboard and neck, they are not ready together as one

Welcome to the UU Forum Rc99.

Top Bottom