New Moore Bettah Uke

Oh, Chuck, you are killing me!!!! I think I drooled on my keyboard....

Here's Bruddah Lens' MB brother made at the same time.

Name is "Two Feathers; Named after a spirit guide who appeared to me when I was 4 or 5 sitting on the slopes of Mt. Jumbo in Missoula, Montana.
The grizzly bearpaw represents my Lakota native ancestory and signifys strength, dilegence and patience.

Chuck and I combined our two cultures by using bearclaw spruce, sacred wood from the native mother tree and milo, sacred wood from the island culture. Radiused ebony fretboard and headstock with a thin neck.

The first night playing I stayed up til three. Not by choice but it seemed TF was soaking up the energy like a sponge. Was really surreal.

I am beyond blessed having my Spirit Totem built by a man who truly understood the healing nature this uke will be used for. And I'm blessed to have the brother of Len's palmtree; may they both bring happiness and joy for many fruture generations after us.

Two feathers... What a wonderful uke. Definitely a life time "keeper." Congratulations!

I feel so left out :eek:

Beautiful uke Len. I'm going to have a hard time deciding which of your ukes to try first when I visit some day:)

I feel so left out :eek:

Beautiful uke Len. I'm going to have a hard time deciding which of your ukes to try first when I visit some day:)

Thanks Gary...just tell me when you coming

I have a couple real nice ukes still on order but it will take a lot to top the overall quality of the fit and finish and the great sound of Chuck's uke....

I think Chuck is a one of a kind..once he starts on your ukulele,he keeps you informed on exactly what is going on...almost like you are walking into his shop to see the progress...pictures come every week without asking for them and this makes it fun for me...(this is way beyond the call of duty IMO...) and I appreciate the effort...takes time to send pictures...

it is a very enjoyable process to work with Chuck and I hope it was for Chuck too...I know the pressures of building a flawless ukulele and I Thank Chuck for his skills in building me the perfect ukulele for a lifetime...

did you use those Roger tuners?

Thanks Gary...just tell me when you coming

I have a couple real nice ukes still on order but it will take a lot to top the overall quality of the fit and finish and the great sound of Chuck's uke....

I think Chuck is a one of a kind..once he starts on your ukulele,he keeps you informed on exactly what is going on...almost like you are walking into his shop to see the progress...pictures come every week without asking for them and this makes it fun for me...(this is way beyond the call of duty IMO...) and I appreciate the effort...takes time to send pictures...

it is a very enjoyable process to work with Chuck and I hope it was for Chuck too...I know the pressures of building a flawless ukulele and I Thank Chuck for his skills in building me the perfect ukulele for a lifetime...

did you use those Roger tuners?

Hey Daniel...I was thinking to use Waverly's but Chuck and I decided to stick with the Sta-lite tuners they are a perfect match for the uke...and smaller than the other tuners too...

very happy with my Moore Bettah

Last edited:
Hey Terrance...
Thanks for noticing the offset rosette it does it for me I love it...takes Chuck almost the whole day to do it.....

Thanks Chuck for doing it for me..

Hi Bro,

Hehe us uke geeks gotta stick togther..

not only is it offset but it's an ellipse, which is hard to route and install cleanly. When I was building, I could barely get the standard circular rosettes to cut cleanly without tear out... this is another level altogether!

Hi Bro,

Hehe us uke geeks gotta stick togther..

not only is it offset but it's an ellipse, which is hard to route and install cleanly. When I was building, I could barely get the standard circular rosettes to cut cleanly without tear out... this is another level altogether!

Right on Terrance..

I did not know it was called an ellipse....I just called it an offset...haha

but I know it is hard to do...Chuck says not an easy to do a rosette like it and it takes many hours....I appreciate him doing it for me....and I think it makes my uke unique to have it....IMO

yep a uke geek is a good way to put it...lol you seem to have it bad too....haha
fyi no tear out anywhere on my new MB...super clean fit and finish

Wow! Just... Wow!
What a beauty. It just keeps getting Moore Bettah!
Congratulations - to both Owner & Creator;)

I did not know it was called an ellipse....I just called it an offset...haha

yep a uke geek is a good way to put it...lol you seem to have it bad too....haha fyi no tear out anywhere on my new MB...super clean fit and finish

Bro, I have to apologise: that's not really an ellipse, I'm not entirely sure that the proper name for it is, but it ain't a straight forward ring, that's for sure!
I had thought you were referring to the placement of the soundhole/rosette then I realised actually it's not an ellipse.

Maybe Chuck would like to chime in on the appropriate term for it? (somehow I think offset maybe the proper term...) :p

Last edited:
I really don't know what it's called. I've asked several people and I am still lost for an answer. I should've paid more attention in geometry class. I only know it's a PITA because it's all hand cut and inlaid. Tough to pull off cleanly in spruce. It could be done quicker with a laser but that's a dark alley I don't want to walk down.

Last edited:
We obviously need more words

What about:

Achuckmetrical
Offset soundchuck (or chuckhole)
Chuckette

Thanks Mike..you look sideways in the picture...and my MB looks good in the pictures...haha
but the humans look funny...haha

Top Bottom