New Mya-Moe started!

Okay, so that is an extra-custom bit, but it isn't the one I was trying to point out. :p

Check the fretboard.

holy wow... that is beautiful... congrats on the uke being built! as someone who has played MMs (hmm M&Ms as the new slang?) since their first generation, i highly recommend the non gloss hand oil finish. since i played with a gloss finish most of my life, i was a little skeptical at first... but feeling the difference in my hands the first time... changed everything.

not only does it look cleaner (less reflection too!), but it FEELS a lot cleaner and smoother. as with most things with M&Ms, it's the certain feel of certain things that i'm drawn to, and this is one of the main reasons i mainly play my myrtle instead of mango now. i can't wait to see the thing finished!!!

Dude, that is awesome. I love how they have the build schedule, which is a plus, congrats man :eek:

Congratulations! That turned out to be beautiful! Quick question, as someone who's waiting for my own Mya-Moe to be started. How did you decide which wood set to use on the front and which to use on the back?

Well, I just let Char pick for me. I figure she's got a better eye for it than I do. :)

As for the finish, I went with the gloss because it seemed like it would be more resistant to my ham handedness. Oil for the next one. I

Congratulations, as a fellow Mya Moe addict, I congratulate you. I too thought this would be my ultimate uke, and now I await #647, an all sycamore reso tenor. After I had the koa classic built (#524), I thought that the more sustainable sycamore was the way to go, but also the sound is great. Your just going to love that sucker, bet you can't stop checking the mail!!

Top Bottom