NGD - Bird Bird

Teddy

Reaction score
Picked up this Anuenue M100 on a little bit of an impulse. It appears to be brand new, was listed online for a good price at electronic bay. Spruce top, mahogany back and sides. Back appears to be a single piece, there's a nice binding that's super subtle with thin black trim. The sound hole has the spalted maple ring found on the moon bird ukuleles.

Hot off the truck but initial impressions are very good. Honestly it's a really nice change to have a smaller guitar to lap around on the couch. Only weird piece looks to be the saddle. It's listed as bone but just looks too perfectly trimmed, almost plastic. But probably wrong, have been before.

I'll work on getting a sound sample up after the kids go down!

xLwQUzP.jpeg

LfxeCaq.jpeg9kqVPlH.jpeg

Last edited:
That's pretty sweet. I've been thinking Anuenue is one of the brands that seem to do mini/travel guitars really well. In fact, I'd like to grab an S10 if they'd make them available Stateside, although that's more of a guilele.

I'm not always a fan of asymmetrical designs on guitars and ukes, aside from soft cutaways. But I think the off-centered sound hole, especially the eccentric rosette/ring and the end of the fretboard are so well done. I'd love to hear that sound sample along with any other thoughts you have about it. And maybe a pic of the one piece back if you have it. Anyway, that looks like a terrific mini/travel guitar.

Also, what's electronic bay? eBay? Is that what the e stands for?

I have a MN 214 Nylon mini classical coming next week courtesy of HMS!
Ron

Very cool! So far I'm really pleased and loving the smaller size.

Also, what's electronic bay? eBay? Is that what the e stands for?

No its actually Echo Bay, named after the tech group that started it - I was just being smart.

So far I really love it. It's a little more I guess bright than I'm used to but I'm comparing it to my 2003 Taylor 310, which it's crazy that thing is almost 20 years old now...

I was wrong on the saddle, it's definitely bone.

I'll snap some more pictures tonight!

Congratulations, those small Anuenue guitars are really sweet. The salted maple rosette is classy. All the small guitars I own have a brighter tone then the big guys. Your Taylor 310 being a dreadnaught would definitely pump out the bass notes. Enjoy your new guitar

That’s has a nice full sound with good bass for a smaller guitar. I like the sound and very nice playing on your part too. Enjoy it

I got my MN 214, and it is quite nice,
very easy and comfortable to play.
sound is medium loud and even
not sure how it will fit in with my classical guitar collection time will tell

I got my MN 214, and it is quite nice,
very easy and comfortable to play.
sound is medium loud and even
not sure how it will fit in with my classical guitar collection time will tell

Nice! The classic spruce/rosewood combination I'm sure sounds great!

Top Bottom