NO SOUND OUT OF AMP with rubber strings

perep

Reaction score
bought 2 bass ukes, both have the rubber like strings. Cannot get much sound out of amp, 25 watt Fender, took to Guitar Center, amp is loud with steel bass strings , MY bass -both have so little sound coming out of amp, I must be doing something wrong. One bass is Ialander by Kanilea acoustic, other is off brand Gecko -solid body. ?? Any ideas?

Two for two sounds like you haven't checked/replaced the preamp batteries on either one. The Kanilea takes flat lithium batteries.

Is it low volume from the amp or no volume from the amp?
Do you get the same behavior from all four strings?
Did you check the bass' batteries are charged?
Is the volume knob is turned up?
Did you try taking the bass to GC to see how it did with their amp?

Last edited:
bought 2 bass ukes, both have the rubber like strings. Cannot get much sound out of amp, 25 watt Fender, took to Guitar Center, amp is loud with steel bass strings , MY bass -both have so little sound coming out of amp, I must be doing something wrong. One bass is Ialander by Kanilea acoustic, other is off brand Gecko -solid body. ?? Any ideas?
So your amp works fine when you play a steel string bass with presumably a magnetic pickup. Maybe your amp doesn't like piezo pickups? Just a thought.

GOTTER DONE, thanks for all
I am long time uke player BUT stranger on BASS, need patience from all with stupid questions

Dumb me, I had tuner on while trying to play, after fact I seem to remember some thing about “turning tuner off” haha, duh
That’s what I was suggesting as a possibility.

Dumb me, I had tuner on while trying to play, after fact I seem to remember some thing about “turning tuner off” haha, duh
I'm pretty sure the venn diagram of people who have integrated tuners and people who have accidentally played with the tuner on is a circle.

I use the integrated tuner so little I forget it's there, and I've still bumped it on. Frustrating!

I know what the problem is when I’m getting no sound from my bass in Garage Band. I use both tuners, my Snark and the GB tuner, they’re surprisingly very close. First my Snark and then very fine tune with the GB tuner.

It is sometimes hard to turn the bass tuner off. You think you turned it off and you didn’t.

Top Bottom