No Way to Edit or Delete a Comment or Reply

Kenn2018

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Really need to be able to edit or delete comments and replies.

I agree - definitely.

John Colter

On my screen there is an edit and delete button in the lower left of the post I have made.

I have already successfully used the edit button twice.

Edit: I just added this text using the edit button.

What platform are you using to read the board?

Wonder if I can edit my response? Let’s post and then try.

Edit.
It does seem possible. When logged in there are three functions listed below my post : report , edit and delete . Lower left hand side corner as Bill says.
On someone else’s posts only the report function is available in that place.

Last edited:
This is a test of the edit function.

Here is a screen shot of the two posts I just made, nothing in the lower left of either. I'm going to look at my settings.

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 11.41.10 PM.png

Same problem for me. I have looked on three devices - an Android phone running Chrome, a very old Windows Vista laptop, and a PC running Windows 8. None of them show me the "Report Edit Delete" options in the bottom left of posts.

This is a real problem for me, as I co-ordinate the Seasons of the Ukulele contests, and need to edit posts every week.

Sorry Steve, I'm not too up on computer knowledge. I use Chrome and I'm not sure how to tell which Windows version I'm using.
No problem Jim - at least you have proved that it CAN work on Chrome. I have tried three machines with Chrome, and none of them give me the options to Edit/Report/Delete.

PC running current Win10 update and Google Chrome with Ad Block Plus:

The report, edit and delete buttons found in the lower-left are there.

<edit> Only tried edit.

Last edited:
I'm running Chrome Version 92.0.4515.159 on Windows Home version 20H2. I don't have any report, edit, or delete buttons on my screen

I am in the no buttons camp as well. Windows 10 Pro, neither Chrome nor Edge, all fully updated.

Surely it's a forum settings issue in my profile, but I looked and didn't see anything that jumped out. No other problems though!

If I recall, the forum admin is a busy guy and probably doesn't skim the whole forum... or his PM's. Someone he knows should email him about this.

Forums like this use "user groups" to define permissions. I'd guess that one or more of the user groups that people are finding themselves in just don't have edit/delete permissions. Some tweaks on the back end will need to be made.

And now... I'm gonna see if I can edit this reply. Yep, no problem, I had the three buttons on the lower left.
(Windows 10 with Chrome, but I doubt that matters)

Top Bottom