NUD Kala KA-8

Raygf

Reaction score
Pabrizzer was playing his 8 string back in February and it sounded so good I started looking. I decided on the Kala KA-8. After checking online, I went to my local acoustic music shop and they ordered one for me. If you are fortunate enough to have a good local shop, support them whenever you can. I'm very happy with this uke.

Beautiful uke, Ray. They sound gorgeous strummed, but they're tricky to pick. (Played a 'cheap' one at my local acoustic music shop, about an hour away.) Not a Kala, nowhere near...that is gorgeous. :)

Sounds nice. Thanks for the video; good choice of tunes. I wish they were in stores, as I might want a 5, 6, or 8 string some day, but have never played them. I've tried the 12-string guitar, & thought it was too much sound. You demo-ed the uke well.
~ Dick

great video, just a random question how is the neck? I so want one but no where go ever has one to try out myself. or maybe write a review of it, love to hear your full opinion.

Thanks for the video, gives a great sound bite

Nice demo. Thanks. I like the gloss models....very handsome and good sounding 8 string. Congrats.

Beautiful uke, Ray. They sound gorgeous strummed, but they're tricky to pick. (Played a 'cheap' one at my local acoustic music shop, about an hour away.) Not a Kala, nowhere near...that is gorgeous. :)

They do sound great strummed and with a little work picking isn't too tough. This is not an expensive ukulele. $237.99

Sounds nice. Thanks for the video; good choice of tunes. I wish they were in stores, as I might want a 5, 6, or 8 string some day, but have never played them. I've tried the 12-string guitar, & thought it was too much sound. You demo-ed the uke well.
~ Dick

I bought this without playing it. I made my decision on a Kala mahogany tenor I played at the shop. I thought, if the 4 string sounds good, the 8 string should be fine and it worked out well.

great video, just a random question how is the neck? I so want one but no where go ever has one to try out myself. or maybe write a review of it, love to hear your full opinion.

Thanks for the video, gives a great sound bite

The neck is very comfortable. It had the widest neck of the three I was considering. I wasn't planning on writing a review, but I can say this uke is well worth the price.

Nice demo. Thanks. I like the gloss models....very handsome and good sounding 8 string. Congrats.

Thanks. I like the gloss too.

That's a great looking uke and I loved the video. Cool tune, awesome strumming, and great vocals. Couldn't ask for better. I'm glad you're happy with your new uke and am very glad you shared the video. Thanks! :cool:

Thank you very much and you are most welcome.

Top Bottom