NUD: Kanile'a KSR-T Premium

MentalAtom

Reaction score
It was the big day! Went to my "local" Kanile'a dealer who had special ordered 2 KSR-T models so I could try them both and choose one. I chose the one that had a slightly more warm sound to me as that's what I prefer.

I love it! It looks so good, sounds AMAZING. I switched the strings to worth brown and its settling, but I probably need to unwind and rewind the strings as they have a crazy number of winds on the slotted headstock since they're just too stretchy.

I'll post more updates in a few days... But I loooove it!

Not the best photos but here's a few for now... New Kanile'a KSR-T https://imgur.com/a/SeUf5yk

It's a wonderful instrument, with such complex, beautiful overtones. I have one also. Enjoy!

Congratulations! Now you're in league with Craig and Sarah!

Congratulations, I think Kanile'a really nailed it with the KSR-T.

Congrat's, Kanile'a builds some fine instruments...

Ooooh! Very nice. Can't wait to hear a sound sample.

Congrats.

Beautiful koa on that one with excellent iridenscence. It really glows.

Bluesy.

That's a beautiful uke. Do I see new strings? What strings did you end up with?

That's a beautiful uke. Do I see new strings? What strings did you end up with?

I went with worth browns for now as I love them usually on my other ukes, I actually wanted aNueNue living water but couldn't find them here so went with the browns for now. They sound really nice and sparkly and warm, the kind of sound I really love. You can basically just look at them wrong and you get a sound out of it! They're still settling down, but I underestimated the time it would take for a change with both bridge pins AND a slotted headstock and it took me almost 2 hours! All good now though and I just can't stop playing.

I will try and get a sound sample but all of my microphones including my phone are pretty terrible...

Here is a short video of me spinning the uke around so you can see how pretty it is on all the sides and in the light! Sound sample will come soon :cool:

https://imgur.com/a/oyGIfjP

Oh wow! that is really nice. couldn't really see all those curls in the photos. Congrats. Your uke is a beauty!

Congratulations, I think Kanile'a really nailed it with the KSR-T.

How does the KSR differ from their other models?

Top Bottom