NUD: Kanile'a KSR-TP

Steedy

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I've had my eye out for a Kanile'a KSR Tenor uke for awhile, so I recently pounced on a KSR-TP model at The Ukulele Site, and I just want to give a shout-out to the fine folks there who helped me with the purchase.

It was right after the new site went live, and I was having a bit of trouble ordering the uke I wanted. (Face it, I'm getting old and change is hard.) I called on the phone and spoke with Veronica in Customer Support, who answered all my questions and took care of all my issues. She even stayed on the phone and walked me through each step of placing my order just the way I wanted it!

Well, my new KSR Tenor ukulele arrived today, and it's gorgeous and perfect, and sounds amazing! I think the TRU-R bracing has made Kanile'a ukuleles sound better than ever.

From Customer Support, to Setup, to Shipping, Andrew and his team have done another outstanding job for ole Steedy! I really appreciate it, y'all!

Obligatory photos:

20201006_173121.jpg 20201006_173532.jpg 20201006_173625.jpg 20201006_174048 (2).jpg 20201006_174441 (2).jpg

Beautiful! Lucky you!

I would imagine that you are just tickled pink right now.
Congrats!

Gorgeous uke, Steedy! The inside of the case is pretty snazzy too! Wishing you and your new ukulele a wonderful, life-long relationship. :)

Jan

Excellent! Super looking. You're making my UAS stir. I will not buy a uke this year. I will not buy a uke this year....

That flaming is gorgeous. Congratulations! My dream is to get a slotted headstock Kanile'a concert some day but they're so expensive...

I am a sucker for curly koa and this one delivers in spades. Man that is gorgeous, congratulations it is a real keeper and the fact you love the sound is hugely important.

Congrat's...Kanile'a are awesome!

That is so stunning! Congratulations!

Thanks everyone, this one's pretty special. I first played a friend's new KSR Tenor in 2019 (seems like years ago), and was immediately struck by how great it sounded. The desire to get one started to grow during lockdown, so I began checking The Ukulele Site every day. (A dangerous habit, as many of us know!) When this one appeared, it was just what I'd been looking for, so I pulled the trigger. I like a Koa uke with that long straight grain, and the beveled armrest really is quite comfortable for playing. I think Kanile'a ukes sound great in general, and each one has its own individual voice, but there's something about the KSR Tenors that makes them sound really great!

So very nice! Thanks for sharing the process, the happy result, and the pictures.

I love when builders allow the wood itself to be the adornment....

~ S.

Last edited:
LOVE my KSR-TP! Congrats to you! Kanile'a has some of the prettiest koa out there, and of course, the sound - so rich and complex. :eek:

Top Bottom