NUD Mya-Moe Tenor Classic!!

erivel

Reaction score
Sorry this is going to be a short post...just wanted to share my excitement with you!

I was at work when the uke was delivered. I didn't get home until after midnight, so I couldn't spend much time with it. Man it is beautiful in person and sounds lovely! Curly Myrtle tenor with a 1.5 inch nut and K&K pickup.

Pics to follow. And videos eventually...gotta run, but enjoy these uke tracker pics for now:

http://www.myamoeukuleles.com/uketracker.php?trackingNumber=1476

Cheers!

Nice! And completed on July 4th, very cool. Enjoy!

That's a beauty! Can't wait to hear you play it.

I tried a MM sop and super sop and was not impressed at all. Finally, I tried a tenor and it was really good. Maybe I'm just a tenor fan so this shows to try several difft sizes of any brands before making a judgement. Congrats Eric

Nice Eric . . .

congrats! welcome to the Mya-Moe users family!

Welcome to the Mya Moe family, Eric. I loved watching your uke being built on the Birth of the Mya Moe series, too. (That was your uke, no?)

Lovely. 80s tunes, here he comes!

You got almost the exact instrument I hope to get from Mya Moe, as soon as I can get my financial ducks in a row. I really like the white stripe down the center near the end. I plan to get a Cascade series with a maple fretboard, port orford cedar neck and maple binding with maple rosette. I think the stripe and the maple rosette will help tie all the blond wood of the fretboard and neck together.

I am envious that you have yours in hand now. Congrats!
Bill

Welcome to the Mya Moe family, Eric. I loved watching your uke being built on the Birth of the Mya Moe series, too. (That was your uke, no?)

That would be no. Birth of a Mya Moe is 1527.

Congrats Eric!

Can't wait to hear it.

Thanks all! Spent more time with it today while watching my toddler. He digs it, especially when I play Raffi songs on it!

Being a Koa/Mahogany guy I wasn't sure what to expect from the Myrtle. Hard to go just by YouTube clips. A/B'ing it with my other ukes, it has the warmth, and a bit more clarity. And it's plenty loud too. Looking forward to breaking it in. The strum marks have started!

I'd be a lucky son of a gun if it were Steve! But I think I caught glimpses of mine in the later vids hanging out in the background in the nursery.

You got almost the exact instrument I hope to get from Mya Moe, as soon as I can get my financial ducks in a row. I really like the white stripe down the center near the end. I plan to get a Cascade series with a maple fretboard, port orford cedar neck and maple binding with maple rosette. I think the stripe and the maple rosette will help tie all the blond wood of the fretboard and neck together.

I am envious that you have yours in hand now. Congrats!
Bill

Thanks Bill, hope you get to order yours soon! That wait time is killer. I almost lost my mind choosing the wood set. But in the end that sapwood stripe down the center kept calling me...

Your comments are really right on as far as I'm concerned, too. The warmth of Koa can sometimes be slightly lackluster, and my myrtle tenor, which is a very old covered Bridge tenor, seems to just be a little more crisp. It is not as crisp as mahogany, and not as biting or sharp as maple.

It's funny how we all use these words to describe the Ukulele which seem more fitting for baked cookies. LOL.

Eric, I truly enjoy your videos. Keep them coming. My iPod is slowly getting filled up. I can mow the lawn three times now without hearing two of the same songs from you. LOL.

Top Bottom