NUD

Spicysteve

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
NUD
Kmise “Sopranino” ukulele. They don’t describe it as a Sopranino but it is actually 18” overall.
I have been wanting to step into a Sopranino without a big investment.
it has geared tuners that are soon to be replaced with Graphtech Ratios. And will be trying Tenor fluorocarbon strings in an attempt to tune it gcea. Another Black Friday deal at $36.99.
Updates after replacement of tuners and strings.

Cheers,

Steve. 3C6A5B50-5DF9-45E7-B587-4C3A022EEADB.jpeg

17 Inch Mini Travel Pocket Ukalalee... those look good!

I have one. Here's my Amazon review:

A standard soprano uke measures about 21" long. This pocket uke is just under18" long, with a scale length of 11". Some call this a sopranino uke, but it's actually a sopranissimo sized uke. The nut width is a generous1.25" for its size. My large male hands have no problem playing this uke. It plays well up to the 12th fret.
The build quality is excellent. The string setup is also excellent on the uke I received.
I tuned it to standard gCEA, and it plays fine with the supplied strings. The string tension is good. It has a pleasing voice.
I like it.

I have one. Here's my Amazon review:

A standard soprano uke measures about 21" long. This pocket uke is just under18" long, with a scale length of 11". Some call this a sopranino uke, but it's actually a sopranissimo sized uke. The nut width is a generous1.25" for its size. My large male hands have no problem playing this uke. It plays well up to the 12th fret.
The build quality is excellent. The string setup is also excellent on the uke I received.
I tuned it to standard gCEA, and it plays fine with the supplied strings. The string tension is good. It has a pleasing voice.
I like it.
My first impressions match your observations exactly. Can't get past the giant geared tuners but knew that going in.
Quite thrilled to have a "mini" uke that I can actually play with larger than normal hands. Gave me a giant smile. 😁

Just bought one of these. First time I felt compelled to buy a uke since I bought the supa wow. Clearly I am an extremely discriminating buyer, who will accept only the best.

Very nice looking uke!

Update…..
Graphtech tuners installed, did a bit of shaping on the bridge as the corners and edges were sharp. Eased the edges all around on the bridge. A touch of filing on the frets and F1 oil on the bridge and fretboard.
installed Freemont Blackline Tenor strings.
For such a tiny uke the sustain surprised me. I am a very happy guy!!!
A big thank you to Down Up Dave for the suggestion of using Tenor strings. Good tension and tuned gcea. I have fallen in love with it. Can’t even begin to say how thrilled I am. AA2BDE01-B1EC-4212-A151-CCB46DBC4E1E.jpeg

Nice work! Question - is the body on the bottom of the lower bout slightly thinner than on the upper bout or near the heel? Mine was like that and I thought it was weird. Can you show a pic of the back of the headstock?

Nice work! Question - is the body on the bottom of the lower bout slightly thinner than on the upper bout or near the heel? Mine was like that and I thought it was weird. Can you show a pic of the back of the headstock?
I will post some more photos after work today.

I just saw this post or would have responded sooner. Congratulations Steve on a very cool looking ukulele and welcome to the sopranino club. I'm glad the tenor strings worked out for you, I put Worth clear on my sopranino but might try the Black lines next string change. Enjoy it.

I just saw this post or would have responded sooner. Congratulations Steve on a very cool looking ukulele and welcome to the sopranino club. I'm glad the tenor strings worked out for you, I put Worth clear on my sopranino but might try the Black lines next string change. Enjoy it.
Thank you Dave. It's a new experience, a long way away from my "Super Tenors" that I have become so comfortable with.
You don't grow and progress being "comfortable"
What a great place this forum has been to grow.
Thanks to everyone here.

Top Bottom