Nut / saddle Gauge for 4 string instruments

At last! ..I've started a small production run with the CNC parts...the've improved quite a bit since I made the first one by hand out of scrap metal on the right :)
PICT0012_zps1ed989e3.jpg

Why do I have this big silly grin on my face? Two words: Ken Timms and eBay. Ok, three words.

Anyway, you can bet I'll be watching the mail like a hawk for a little while.
Thanks, Timbuck!

Ok I said I didn't really see the need for this. But I could not resist anymore and it arrived today and its wonderful and very well made. Thank you Ken

Got mine today. Ken, the craftsmanship is fantastic - definitely a solid, accurate, no-slop little beauty. Fantastic!

I actually ordered a six-pointer as well because I can imagine this being very handy in all sorts of situations beyond string spacing.

Had the great pleasure of passing on the 3rd one you made for me Ken... Thanks - the new one is definitely an 'evolved' model. Thanks again.

I bought it as a novelty as I'm not a luthier but I actually replaced my first nut yesterday. Too lazy to measure so this tool is great and easy to use.

The Six point version is getting some interest from the Classical Guitar builders in France and Spain....another one went to these guys this week.
José Miguel Moreno y Ángel Benito Aguado...anybody got one of their Guitars?

I always thought Argapa sounded vaguely Spanish. But it means something rather stupid in Swedish.

I'm gonna say it again. This tool needs a name and I think you should call it the " nut scratcher"

I think "nut spacer" is good. Makes me think of those pink rubbery toe spacers people use when polishing toe nails. Then my mind wanders too far and I think of a pink rubbery spacer for ----

BE GONE FOUL THOUGHT!

Top Bottom