NUUD - Not Even Original 2: Electric Boogaloo

Teddy

Not an original post in so many ways, but here is a NUUD for me!

Its a Rebel Not Even Original (NEO) 2, tenor size, cedar top, tabaek back and sides, and a slotted headstock that I absolutely love. This is from Rebel's experimental project line and released a few years ago. Its hot out of the case with new Dadario EJ65T strings that I put on. First time trying out some nylon over fluorocarbon. Loving the neck feel so far, 38mm nut and a little on the thicker side for a ukulele which is appreciated.

I also picked up a new usb microphone to plug into the phone so I also gave that a try. New song to me but also new strings as well which haven't settled yet.

Blue Moon arranged by Kiyoshi Kobayashi in "Ukulele Jazz"

DownUpDave

UU VIP
UU VIP
Congratulations on your new Rebel, looks and sounds wonderful. Thank you for the video samples, it’s always enlightening to hear the same make of ukulele with different wood combos. Your playing was very nice and showcased the two instruments well.

Teddy

Congratulations on your new Rebel, looks and sounds wonderful. Thank you for the video samples, it’s always enlightening to hear the same make of ukulele with different wood combos. Your playing was very nice and showcased the two instruments well.

Thank you very much!

Its fun comparing the different makes and woods! I often find myself comparing one wood combination and model with a completely different build/make so hopefully others find this useful since beside the woods the build is identical.

Arik

“Where words fail, music speaks.”
UU VIP
Congrats on both of your Rebels! Guessing you ended up picking up both Pluto and the NEO from your WTB post. Both sound great. Been wanting to get a Rebel for my collection.

Teddy

Congrats on both of your Rebels! Guessing you ended up picking up both Pluto and the NEO from your WTB post. Both sound great. Been wanting to get a Rebel for my collection.

Thanks! Yes both were from forum members which is just awesome! I've had very good luck with WTB ads there before, such an awesome community.

Arik

“Where words fail, music speaks.”
UU VIP
Thanks! Yes both were from forum members which is just awesome! I've had very good luck with WTB ads there before, such an awesome community.
Saw your orig post about the Pluto and that a forum member offered the NEO. I was going to follow up on the NEO, thinking that your goal was the Pluto. Little did I know that you would have swooped up both!! Nice move:)

Teddy

Saw your orig post about the Pluto and that a forum member offered the NEO. I was going to follow up on the NEO, thinking that your goal was the Pluto. Little did I know that you would have swooped up both!! Nice move:)
I totally had my eye on it and was able to pull the trigger sooner than I expected 🙃