O.S saddles

Needofriendly

Reaction score
So I have an Oscar Schmidt concert OU-2 model ukulele, and I was having some trouble removing the saddle, it cant be easily taken apart from the bridge and I didn't use too much force because I was afraid that I would damage the bridge or anything worse, and I was wondering if anyone else who owns an Oscar Schmidt (O.S) has this same problem.
I needed it removed so I could sand it down just a bit, so that the action would be much lower than it is now. Thanks!

The bridge and saddle layout looks like this:
DSCF3020..jpg

Last edited:
the saddle shouldn't be too hard to take out. if you already have your strings off, you could take it to a guitar repair place and see if they'll take it out for you (you may have to pay them $1). because the os saddle has the string cutouts on the saddle, i wouldn't sand the top.

Be careful! They are cheap plastic. I am not sure if they are glued down or what but when I tried to pop mine out it broke in half.

Be careful! They are cheap plastic. I am not sure if they are glued down or what but when I tried to pop mine out it broke in half.

if that happens, then it's a good opportunity to upgrade to bone ;). you can tell my glass is generally half-full :rofl:

Oh Jeeze, alright alright - I was actually sent a message about this and he/she said to use nose pliers or something, which I tried over and over with no success
so I was thinking that it was glued.

if that happens, then it's a good opportunity to upgrade to bone ;). you can tell my glass is generally half-full :rofl:
yeah, how much would that be though? (but im not planning on breaking my saddle and buying a new one.. atleast not yet haha)

Top Bottom