OFF MARKET 1970s/80s Kamaka White Label Soprano,

richntacoma

UU VIP
UU VIP
Kamaka White Label 1970/1980s.

As you will see from the pictures, this is a super pretty Koa uke. Great shape for its age—the lightest strum marks only that are not visible on photos. Glad to show by video chat--this is sweet!. The Koa has that amazing holograph effect that you can often see on super high end master grade Koa (not saying this is master grade, but is upper pretty IMHO).

Very nice sound. The initiation is ever so slightly off on the A string—not horribly so, but a wee bit. Not an uncommon problem for a uke of its age for sure--it is a tad sharp. Overall, this is in great condition and is coming to make someone pretty happy. Super snappy and happy sound!

Price Drop!!!! $475 well packaged, no case, including shipping in the COUS. Payment through Zelle or check

Please PM for interest. Again, pictures up soon. I am more than thrilled to zoom video and play them for you. Also, and sorry to be snaky here, but if you are not a slightly-established member at least, I am going to ask you to send me a linked-in page or something. Sorry if this sounds less than inclusive or elitist—there are just too many scams right now and I do not wish to waste my time on such. You don’t need to have been on forever and have posted hundreds of times, but I would prefer dealing with people who are engaged on the board—I look for win/wins when selling and trading.

No trades please. PM please with interest 😊image0 (6).jpegimage0.jpegimage1.jpegimage2.jpeg

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 687
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 681
Last edited:

Ad-LowG

UU VIP
UU VIP
I got a chance to play Rich’s Kamaka. It is a beautiful instrument and a steal at this price. If you’ve got any interest in a Kamaka of this era, don’t let it get away!

OP
OP
richntacoma

richntacoma

UU VIP
UU VIP
I got a chance to play Rich’s Kamaka. It is a beautiful instrument and a steal at this price. If you’ve got any interest in a Kamaka of this era, don’t let it get away!
Thanks Adam, it is a pretty sweet little uke!

OP
OP
richntacoma

richntacoma

UU VIP
UU VIP
Leaving the country this week and want my uke fund flush again. Too good to pass up!

OP
OP
richntacoma

richntacoma

UU VIP
UU VIP
Me and my 1920 Weymann off to South America for a couple of months (or so)....These are not for sale any longer, for now at least.

EDW

Nice instrument to take. Have a great trip

OP
OP
richntacoma

richntacoma

UU VIP
UU VIP
Still traveling until August 6th, but thought I would peak someone's interest with these two gems. I can ship on August 8th.

Kikaida

That Kamaka is in pristine condition and a great price for it’s condition. I would love to buy it but I’m looking for a decent concert that I can travel with and a nice tenor. Enjoy your travels!

OP
OP
richntacoma

richntacoma

UU VIP
UU VIP
That Kamaka is in pristine condition and a great price for it’s condition. I would love to buy it but I’m looking for a decent concert that I can travel with and a nice tenor. Enjoy your travels!
Thanks so much--been enjoying playing in parks in the morning! The Kamaka is super pretty and is nice and snappy. Someone will be happy.

Kikaida

Thanks so much--been enjoying playing in parks in the morning! The Kamaka is super pretty and is nice and snappy. Someone will be happy.
I’m doing my best to be responsible and not pull the trigger and grab it. You are correct this Kamaka is made with some beautiful wood. And you can tell it has the original finish. I have purchased 3 Kamaka sopranos in the last few months. One was not a true Kamaka but made by Ron Yasuda the infamous former hearing impaired Kamaka luthier. I wish you posted this earlier that happy person would have been me.

Ukelori

I laughed out loud at your bump of Mike. In gratitude, here you go, Bump.
😎

And, these are nice looking ukes too!

OP
OP
richntacoma

richntacoma

UU VIP
UU VIP
The Kala has been, with great ambivalence, sold. The Kamaka is still for sale.