Ohana Tiple

Status
Not open for further replies.

zac987

Reaction score
http://s792.photobucket.com/albums/yy208/zackyzac987/Ohana Tiple/

$330 with shipping.

I bought this from Uke Republic earlier this year. I got it for 400.00 and I've hardly played it. It just needs a fretboard oiling and possibly some new strings. I would do it, but as you can see there are quite a few strings to put on there. It has a ding on the headstock that was there when I got it. Comes with well-padded gig bag.

Here's their description of it. I'm sure Mike won't mind, but if he does I will remove their description.

The Tiple, meaning "little guitar" in Spanish, was first introduced in the US from Argentina in the early part of the 20th century. Introduced again by Ohana Ukulele, they have focused on the true rich sound of the 10 string Tiple. An excellent instrument based around Ohana's TK-35 but with a deeper body and slotted headstock. The tiple certainly is a beautiful and unique instrument we are happy to see in the 21st century.

Solid Mahogany
Deep Tenor Body
Slotted Headstock w/ Rosewood Veneer
10 Tuning Keys
Rosewood Fingerboard & Bridge
Rosewood Binding
Bone Nut & Saddle
White/Black/White Purfling
Steel Strings
*Included from UKE Republic - Ohana 20mm Padded Uke Bag

5Ic5Hc5Me3m73Mf3Jcc465b74504b2e3415cc.jpg

:drool: If I thought my poor fingers could manage to play this, I would neeeed this.

PM sent. Kim, I've owned a few tiples, just use a pick and install light guitar strings. Some folks use nylon strings, haven't yet tried them.

Tip;e Tuning

the people who play the two I have all make a similar comment. They say it is actually easier on the fingers than a four string ukulele. Its rather like wearing snow shoes in that it spreads the pressure over a wider area.

Both my Martin T-18 (1923) and the Yasuma I got from RBeetsMe are strung with Aquila strings Dd GgG BbB EE. Most of the time it plays in C-G-C-E. I don't miss steel strings or GCEA/ GCEG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom