Ohana Ukuleles

I look for them in Google, and I didn't find too many, actually, most of the case were out of stock, and in the only web I found them, they were on sale.

Out of curiosity I searched and found no Ohana store (only a few resellers) on amazon.com (USA), amazon.ca (Canada), amazon.fr (France), amazon.de (Germany), amazon.co.uk (UK).

Ohana, Cordoba and Kala are the most plentiful brands in my local music stores. I like this because I almost never buy an instrument online.

The biggest store always has more than a dozen Ohana and Cordoba in stock, and the full catalog available for order.

This indicates that Ohana chooses to rely on retailers for sales and service. And the website lists their distributors and dealers.

For quality and value, my understanding is that Ohana, Cordoba and Kala rely on savvy purchasing and business relationships with very competent and competitive high volume factories in Asia.

There is a music mega trade fair where music company purchasers can meet manufacturers. (Might be a fun stop in a great vacation).

Cheers.

Last edited:
Just arrived my Ohana CK-20S!
I can't upload pics because of the sizes allowed.
But it's pretty good, some scratches in the headstock but it's OK!

With Ohanas, just consider nut width before you buy. The sops are 1 5/16", or 33.3 mm, very skinny width, with an also skinny string spread. Some, if not all, of their concerts have those specs too. Their tenors are 1 7/16", which is more manageable, for me. This SK-70 soprano was gorgeous and sounded good, but I just couldn't play it well, with the 33.3 mm nut.

Screenshot_20230110-210907_Reverb.jpg

Last edited:
You might find some of these suggestions useful for resizing your images for uploading:

I use an app called "ImageShrink" and I just resize the file with it before I upload. Lots of photo editing tools (preinstalled or from the app store) should let you resize the image, for example when you're asked to save your changes.

You might find some of these suggestions useful for resizing your images for uploading:

I use an app called "ImageShrink" and I just resize the file with it before I upload. Lots of photo editing tools (preinstalled or from the app store) should let you resize the image, for example when you're asked to save your changes.
A pic of my Uke!

Attachments

• Resize_20230128_204401_1636.jpg
    Resize_20230128_204401_1636.jpg
    874.4 KB · Views: 25
With Ohanas, just consider nut width before you buy. The sops are 1 5/16", or 33.3 mm, very skinny width, with an also skinny string spread. Some, if not all, of their concerts have those specs too. Their tenors are 1 7/16", which is more manageable, for me.
That narrow nut width is the only thing that keeps me away from an Ohana. And shopping through Mims ensures you'll get a good one- at a good price- and set up right!!

Very Nice! Good looking uke. Enjoy it.

Ohana is a reputable company. They are well respected. They make good instruments for their price points. I used to have a TK-50G cedar/rosewood tenor that I liked very much. It was my second uke.

Ken Middleton the owner of Living Waters Strings in Britain was for many years their ambassador and I think a regional sales rep for Ohana Ukuleles.

Very pretty uke!

I hear Ohana quality can be up and down but I have two (Vita and SK-30M) and both play fantastic. I got to pick them in the store myself though. They hold their own against my Kamaka and Larrivee

Gimp is a free image editing application that is on par with photoshop. Open source developed. https://www.gimp.org/

Top Bottom