One Uke Only

I couldn't live with just one uke. I love sopranos mainly, but I need a tenor for nice fingerpickings.

I looked at my collection last night and I would be good with the following:
- two best sopranos
- one best concert (for open mic nights)
- one best tenor
- one RISA soprano stick

No LOW G. haha
Are you out of the hospital yet?

Are you out of the hospital yet?
Thanks for asking. Yip. 4 weeks hospital stay. 3 weeks respite care afterwards. I'm home now in my messy apartment. I thank my ex-wife for helping me tons. :cool:

My broken bits are healing. My left arm (the most damaged) is taking some time. I can play piano and uke again. Woohoo!

- peedee

"Lucy... you've got some 'splainin' to doooo...."

*grabs popcorn, awaiting plot twist revelation*

To answer your original question Donboody: "No can do."

Zero ukes, BUT:

Terada classical guitar 1975 - used daily, outdoor/sketchy gigs, Irig Acoustic stage if need amplification
Peavey Dyna-Bass 1984 - too many guitars at jams so wanted something different
Suzuki CG200 classical guitar - bought used in 2020 cuz wanted a nicer one (immaculate condition & best sounding by far)
Taylor NS62CE 2004 hybrid - inherited 2021 when my best friend passed away - also used daily. Most expensive by far (34x the cost of the Terada, easiest to play, best through a PA.

Been thinking of selling the Terada, but have 45+ years of memories. Thought about selling the Suzuki but it looks & sounds so good. Don't want to do something that I'd regret.

Zero ukes, BUT:

Terada classical guitar 1975 - used daily, outdoor/sketchy gigs, Irig Acoustic stage if need amplification
Peavey Dyna-Bass 1984 - too many guitars at jams so wanted something different
Suzuki CG200 classical guitar - bought used in 2020 cuz wanted a nicer one (immaculate condition & best sounding by far)
Taylor NS62CE 2004 hybrid - inherited 2021 when my best friend passed away - also used daily. Most expensive by far (34x the cost of the Terada, easiest to play, best through a PA.

Been thinking of selling the Terada, but have 45+ years of memories. Thought about selling the Suzuki but it looks & sounds so good. Don't want to do something that I'd regret.
zero ukes mate?

i think i can help you out w/ that,
at least whet your appetite :)

https://www.forum.ukuleleunderground.com/index.php?threads/please-somebody-buy-this.146930/

It’s comforting to know I’m not the only one who feels guilty about my relationships with inanimate objects. I sense, quite often, that I’m hurting Soprano A’s feelings when I pick up Soprano B. I’m not kidding. And I sense both of them sulking in their cases when I’m not playing at all.

Me too - I currently have exactly one ukulele, and felt like I was cheating on it when I watched reviews/demos of other ukuleles on YouTube today.

But I’ll probably eventually come around to “multiple when necessary” for things like tunings that would require different strings.

Their well-documented tendency to gather together in groups sounds like ukuleles might be social animals, so maybe they enjoy the company of other ukuleles instead of getting jealous.

I wonder if there’s a collective noun for ukuleles like a “flock” of geese or “murder” of crows…

It’s comforting to know I’m not the only one who feels guilty about my relationships with inanimate objects. I sense, quite often, that I’m hurting Soprano A’s feelings when I pick up Soprano B. I’m not kidding. And I sense both of them sulking in their cases when I’m not playing at all.
ha ha - how about my post from another thread....

"Don't be afraid of having an affair with a higher class instrument if the opportunity is there. You can have a trophy instrument and still keep your uke home happy. Your current instruments will stick around and not divorce you. But you can part amicably if you find some just don't do it for you later on. Uke's are an open ended journey, not a never ending marriage, unless you want it to be."

Last edited:
Me too - I currently have exactly one ukulele, and felt like I was cheating on it when I watched reviews/demos of other ukuleles on YouTube today.

But I’ll probably eventually come around to “multiple when necessary” for things like tunings that would require different strings.

Their well-documented tendency to gather together in groups sounds like ukuleles might be social animals, so maybe they enjoy the company of other ukuleles instead of getting jealous.

I wonder if there’s a collective noun for ukuleles like a “flock” of geese or “murder” of crows…
A "strum" of ukuleles?

Top Bottom