Ooh, love this

Voran

Reaction score
I think at some point I'll get me a banjo as well as my various ukes. Love the raw and slightly mournful quality of the zingy high strings.

I like the way he mixes three finger pickin' and clawhammer.
Here's a tune my friend Al and I did a few years ago. I'm playing clawhammer and Al's playing 3 finger style, Our buddy Zeke is playing the fiddle.
Maggie

I like the way he mixes three finger pickin' and clawhammer.
Here's a tune my friend Al and I did a few years ago. I'm playing clawhammer and Al's playing 3 finger style, Our buddy Zeke is playing the fiddle.
Maggie
Nice!

I found this on youtube. Sweet clawhammer playing.

I increasingly feel I want a banjo of my own someday. Got oodles of other music I'd like to practice and record first, but I love the zingy sound and the rapid fire playing, I'd love to be capable of playing that stuff.

I found this on youtube. Sweet clawhammer playing.

I've heard many versions of this old folksong and I like them all. It was collected by Olive Campbell and Cecil Sharp from a woman called Mrs. Tom Rice of Big Laurel, North Carolina in 1916 and included in their English Folk Songs from the Southern Appalachians.
Being an old folkie, I love trivia like this. I realise that not everyone appreciates it.

Rain & Snow.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom