Original Martin Plans

dmecha1012

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can obtain ORIGINAL Martin Style 0 plans for Tenor and/or Soprano.

I am more than happy to pay for them.......................but I would like to have the original U.S. plans (Not the newer Mexico Plans).

Thanks for your help.

I've never heard of "original" Martin plans of any sort, guitar or uke.
Do you mean plans that originate at the Martin factory? I doubt anything like that is available.
If you mean plans that someone has drawn from a Martin uke, copying all the details, that is something else, though I don't know of any of those either.

Yes............excuse my "novice-ness". When I say "original" I guess I mean plans based on the original Style O from Pennsylvania, and not the ones being produced in Mexico today.

I just want to be able to build a uke which is as close to that original Style 0 as possible.
Thanks

I've never heard of "original" Martin plans of any sort, guitar or uke.
Do you mean plans that originate at the Martin factory? I doubt anything like that is available.
If you mean plans that someone has drawn from a Martin uke, copying all the details, that is something else, though I don't know of any of those either.

Yes............excuse my "novice-ness". When I say "original" I guess I mean plans based on the original Style O from Pennsylvania, and not the ones being produced in Mexico today.

I just want to be able to build a uke which is as close to that original Style 0 as possible.
Thanks

Thanks

Are the new ones being built with different dimensions/ layout?

Elderly Instruments sells such plans. I bought them. They're about 3.95. But the shipping brings them to about 12.00. http://elderly.com/books/items/113-28.htm

Sorry, they are actually Martin Style 1 plans. I went and checked and then posted the revised link. Don't know where you can find style 0. Good luck!

Last edited:
Elderly Instruments sells such plans. I bought them. They're about 3.95. But the shipping brings them to about 12.00. http://elderly.com/books/items/113-28.htm

Sorry, they are actually Martin Style 1 plans. I went and checked and then posted the revised link. Don't know where you can find style 0. Good luck!
Style 1 plans are OK thats the one I started with..you just miss out the edge binding and fit 3 marker dots instead of 4 and you've got an O :D
Here is a link to the Style one plans by Scott Antes (same ones as Elderly)....they are about as close as you can get.
http://www.pilgrimsprojects.biz/products/early-martin-style-1-ukulele-plans-s32

Last edited:
Wow, David, I love your guitars and ukuleles!

I did an overlay of the Free French plans on the AL plans and they are a bit different, more modern, more curvaceous, and fewer flat spots.

Top Bottom