Please, somebody buy this

By the way, I’m not related to or endorsing ukulelemana’s sale stuff, but just expressing my opinion about what tempts me.

Yeah and just generally the finish is too perfect. 100 year old lacquer I would think would show some crazing no matter how well cared for. Was probably stripped and totally refinished.
That is also the dullest abalone perfling. Just no sparkle to it at all.

Reactions: CPG
Way over priced
I really just shared it as an interesting thing to look since they are pretty rare. Now I’m actually curious about what 5ks usually go for? I’m sure since they are collectors items the prices vary greatly but I honestly have no context. I looked at that one and chuckled at the price but thought to myself “maybe that’s what they go for”.

I really just shared it as an interesting thing to look since they are pretty rare. Now I’m actually curious about what 5ks usually go for? I’m sure since they are collectors items the prices vary greatly but I honestly have no context. I looked at that one and chuckled at the price but thought to myself “maybe that’s what they go for”.
I had the opportunity to buy one of these for a bit more than $6k and I regret taking my time to decide, as was sold to someone else. Usually, less than $8k is a good price. Folks try to get top dollar for them but they remain unsold on reverb for months.

I had the opportunity to buy one of these for a bit more than $6k and I regret taking my time to decide, as was sold to someone else. Usually, less than $8k is a good price. Folks try to get top dollar for them but they remain unsold on reverb for months.
Interesting. Thanks for the info. Good frame of reference. I think I've seen old Martin guitars listed for 40k-60k and Chris Thile's manodlin I think cost like 175K (and of course some classical instruments go for those amounts regularly). I didn't think I had every seen a uke priced as high as this one, so I was curious if there was something extra special about this it. Seems like it was probably stripped and refinished so they are trying to sell it like it's in mint condition. I'm fascinated by old instruments and the prices they command. Always fun to learn something new.

TUS posted some amazing Petros ukes today, including a nice baritone, but in my mind the winner is the redwood/koa tenor. It may be the nicest Koa I’ve ever seen: https://theukulelesite.com/petros-custom-tenor-ukulele-curly-sinker-redwood-koa-102.html
Oh my word... All I can say is I'm happy I have a custom sinker redwood top uke on commission atm. Otherwise I'd be crazy jealous. That said, my uke will never have such magnificent back and sides. I mean my god...

Please and thanks, I get paid next week and it'd be great if this guy were gone :)

Are those any good? As far as I can tell, this is an old entry-level model; a big step down from their modern popularly priced KS series. Price they are asking may be fair, but not a bargain.

Visited the MyaMoe website today. myamoeukuleles.com
Cary Kelly has some beautiful completed tenors for sale in the site's store. My MM Koa tenor is great. Easy to play with excellent sound.
Somebody please buy these (and others) before I succumb. I am downsizing, getting ready for a move and I need to keep temptation at bay:

MM Curly Koa Tenor.png

MM Master Grade Mango.png

Are those any good? As far as I can tell, this is an old entry-level model; a big step down from their modern popularly priced KS series. Price they are asking may be fair, but not a bargain.
This is the email response I got:

“So the model that shows inside the body of the Uke is (KW-II) the 2 i's are a Roman numeral 2. Hope that helps!”

I did a little more research and it looks like it’s a K.Wave… I don’t know anything about the quality, you could be right. I understand that Kiwaya is to K.Wave as Kiwaya is to Famous (brand ownership relationship, not a presumed build quality relationship.)

I'm in love with this I'iwi! Even though I'm not worthy of such a uke....

Oh my word... All I can say is I'm happy I have a custom sinker redwood top uke on commission atm. Otherwise I'd be crazy jealous. That said, my uke will never have such magnificent back and sides. I mean my god...
Yup, that's some very very rare quality koa

Visited the MyaMoe website today. myamoeukuleles.com
Cary Kelly has some beautiful completed tenors for sale in the site's store. My MM Koa tenor is great. Easy to play with excellent sound.
Somebody please buy these (and others) before I succumb. I am downsizing, getting ready for a move and I need to keep temptation at bay:

View attachment 142316

View attachment 142317
Wow! Pretty mango!

Those I'iwi's always sound so good. Wish I could shop in that price range.

Oh, that is lovely.
I hope that we don't have to be worthy of our ukuleles, or mine will all be taken away from me.
😅

Top Bottom