Please, somebody buy this

Pohaku ukuleles are very nice. I own a mahogany soprano, spruce top maple soprano, spruce top pecan C-10 and a koa tenor. They are all keepers.
I love finding new builders and getting to see their love for the ukulele. In my research, I came across this amazing build video on Peter's website.. I think my favorite I've seen. Always something new to learn!

Last edited:
There is now Positive feedback on Reverb for the Moore Bettah sale!
Full disclosure-- I had this in my shopping cart and was checking out when I decided it HAD to be a scam--
I still believe it is a scam and that the "Buyer" is a shill--
If anyone here knows better-- I would really appreciate knowing!
It is not.. the seller has listed quite a few ukes with similar pics and reverb has fraud protection. The MBU build seemed from its early days and the price he/she paid is probably around the same as he/she charged. Could he have sold it for more? Yes…

Crazy deal on Compass Rose

Crazy deal on Compass Rose
And he got a ko'olau ce listed, too.

I'm not used to seeing Kanile'a ukuleles with a cedar top:

Koa back and sides, and cedar top. Nice looking ukulele.

There is also this beauty and I really do hope some one buys this before I change my mind.
Full disclaimer, I consigned it

There is also this beauty and I really do hope some one buys this before I change my mind.
Full disclaimer, I consigned it

Good thing I can’t play tenors. Was this one that TUS sold? If so, I remember really loving the video,

Good thing I can’t play tenors. Was this one that TUS sold? If so, I remember really loving the video,
No this was bought directly from Kinnard and sold to me secondhand. I like this tenor, it has a rich tone. I usually sell the ukes that I did not commission after keeping them for some time to experience the build. I realized that I want a side sound port if I was to commission a Kinnard. Also, I need to reduce the ukes I own to raise money. I will be posting a few more ukes here in the coming days.

I love finding new builders and getting to see their love for the ukulele. In my research, I came across this amazing build video on Peter's website.. I think my favorite I've seen. Always something new to learn!

Thank you for sharing that video. I really enjoyed it! So much effort for a noise maker. Makes me appreciate my ukes more.

There is now Positive feedback on Reverb for the Moore Bettah sale!
Full disclosure-- I had this in my shopping cart and was checking out when I decided it HAD to be a scam--
I still believe it is a scam and that the "Buyer" is a shill--
If anyone here knows better-- I would really appreciate knowing!
A “shill” buyer AND seller. You guys are tripping. And I thought I was paranoid.. it’s Reverb.com!

I messaged the seller earlier. They are selling off their personal collection, they are all listed, and once they sell there will no be no more ever listed again. It is an old model from many years ago and the seller likely couldn’t find a modern price on Reverb search because there isn’t any sold listings. Dude didn’t know what he had.

You missed out, sorry man. Click buy next time if there is a next time ⚰️

A “shill” buyer AND seller. You guys are tripping. And I thought I was paranoid.. it’s Reverb.com!

I messaged the seller earlier. They are selling off their personal collection, they are all listed, and once they sell there will no be no more ever listed again. It is an old model from many years ago and the seller likely couldn’t find a modern price on Reverb search because there isn’t any sold listings. Dude didn’t know what he had.

You missed out, sorry man. Click buy next time if there is a next time ⚰️
Like another poster when I click on "more from this seller" or whatever its says, there's nothing more from seller icon... is it me or where do you see seller's remaining stock?

Thank you for sharing that video. I really enjoyed it! So much effort for a noise maker. Makes me appreciate my ukes more.
My pleasure! It's very well made. For some reason, I really started to appreciate the effort when he was working on the fretboard.

Like another poster when I click on "more from this seller" or whatever its says, there's nothing more from seller icon... is it me or where do you see seller's remaining stock?
I had the same issue. Your location has to be set to Continental US.

I have that cedar/koa... has soundhole and cool headstock. Its a keeper, and that one for sale now looks like a great deal! I paid almost twice that... and love it.

I have that cedar/koa... has soundhole and cool headstock. Its a keeper, and that one for sale now looks like a great deal! I paid almost twice that... and love it.
You're lucky to have that ukulele. I was very impressed by the TUS video of it. Enjoy!

Just in case anybody happens to be passing through Hartlepool…

If I didn't just buy a different Kanile'a I would be considering this one. The ST seems to have a warmer tone that sounds great. The sapwood stripe is sweet looking.

The Johansens from the podcast are starting to show up on TUS. Looks like the Cypress is already sold:

Redwood/Koa
Cypress/Koa
All Koa

Still two more all Koas (2311 and 2313) and a Spruce/Koa (2315) not up yet. Sound samples for the ones not listed yet are on the TUS Clips YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/@tusclips6747).

My birthday is in about a month and I need to make sure none of these are left, so "please, somebody buy this"

The Johansens from the podcast are starting to show up on TUS. Looks like the Cypress is already sold:

Redwood/Koa
Cypress/Koa
All Koa

Still two more all Koas (2311 and 2313) and a Spruce/Koa (2315) not up yet. Sound samples for the ones not listed yet are on the TUS Clips YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/@tusclips6747).

My birthday is in about a month and I need to make sure none of these are left, so "please, somebody buy this"
If you're lucky, maybe the last three sold without ever getting posted.🥲

It's the redwood for me! 😍

As I was watching this ep of the podcast, the phrase "Woodness gracious" came to me! I don't know if I've ever seen a batch of ukes with such diverse and high end wood. Sheeeeesh!!!

Top Bottom