Pono ABD -6 Guitarelle

eyedoc

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Mint condition. Cedar Top, Acacia Back and sides, ebony radiuses fretboard.
Purchased a few months ago, decided to travel with a guitar instead.
$950 New,
$750 shipped
message for sound sample

Hello Eyedoc: What is the scale length and nut width in mm? Thanks, Stephen

Hello Eyedoc: What is the scale length and nut width in mm? Thanks, Stephen
Total Scale Length: 20”/50.8cm
Body Length: 13.75”/34.93cm
Overall Length: 31.5”/80cm
Nut Width: 1.77”/45mm
Saddle Width: 2.75”/70mm
Lower Bout Width: 10”/25.4cm
Upper Bout Width: 7.5”/19cm
Lower Bout Depth: 3.25”/8.26cm
Upper Bout Depth: 2.75”/6.99cm
String Spacing
At Nut: E to A = 8.12mm E to E = 37.5mm
At 12th Fret: A to D = 9mm A to A = 43.5mm
At Saddle: A to D = 10.75mm A to A = 51.5mm

Total Scale Length: 20”/50.8cm
Body Length: 13.75”/34.93cm
Overall Length: 31.5”/80cm
Nut Width: 1.77”/45mm
Saddle Width: 2.75”/70mm
Lower Bout Width: 10”/25.4cm
Upper Bout Width: 7.5”/19cm
Lower Bout Depth: 3.25”/8.26cm
Upper Bout Depth: 2.75”/6.99cm
String Spacing
At Nut: E to A = 8.12mm E to E = 37.5mm
At 12th Fret: A to D = 9mm A to A = 43.5mm
At Saddle: A to D = 10.75mm A to A = 51.5mm
Thanks, Eyedoc, for all the dimensions. Unfortunately, I need a wider nut width. Good luck with the sale, Stephen

Unfortunately I too need a wider nut but it seems like a damn fine instrument. I kind of envy the future proprietor

I bought a Pono guilele 1-1/2 years ago. I actually sought out the nut width these have, because they are perfect for those with a guitar background. These Ponos are comfortable to play, have great workmanship and sound really nice, with spot-on intonation. This is a beautiful instrument. Too bad I'm not still in the market for one. Good luck with your sale.

Still for sale

Last edited:
I have a Mahogany topped Pono Guilele. It's awesome. If I didn't have one I'd jump on this (it's a good price). I also have Koaloha & Cordoba Guileles with 17" scales and wide nuts (48mm I believe). I think the longer scale (20") on my Pono combined with the narrower nut width & the radiused fret board make it comfortable to play.

I have a Mahogany topped Pono Guilele. It's awesome. If I didn't have one I'd jump on this (it's a good price). I also have Koaloha & Cordoba Guileles with 17" scales and wide nuts (48mm I believe). I think the longer scale (20") on my Pono combined with the narrower nut width & the radiused fret board make it comfortable to play.
Thanks for the kudos
I re enjoyed this guitalele, but got a Moonbird travel guitar that I now take on trips instead
Ron

Is there a serial number?
I could be interested in buying this *IF* original retailer was *not* ULTP & it hasn’t passed through the hands of anyone from that shop.
Thanks.

Is there a serial number?
I could be interested in buying this *IF* original retailer was *not* ULTP & it hasn’t passed through the hands of anyone from that shop.
Thanks.
Hi,
The Pono was sold, but I have a Romero Creations B6 Guitalele that is still available, in my opinion a much nicer sounding instrument,
Ron

Hi,
The Pono was sold, but I have a Romero Creations B6 Guitalele that is still available, in my opinion a much nicer sounding instrument,
Ron
Thanks for your response & congrats!
I‘m fortunate to have Romero B6s & a Pono AB6.
They’re different instruments to me, with different radiuses (20 vs 16), overall lengths & soundboards/woods.

[In case anyone needs to rationalize having multiples of almost the same instruments, 😂...
Having multiple guileles capable of E to E also allows
-working on more than one song without retuning back & forth when alt-tunings are involved
-comparing different brands/models of strings more directly].

Last edited:
Top Bottom