Pono MKT koa master series

Leongdad

Reaction score
Aloha, a few weeks ago the Ukulele Site had the new pono koa master series. It looked beautiful. Corey said, "its amazing, it blew me out of the water". Any thoughts about this new model? Is it really that amazing? I dont see it listed anymore, wondering if they are sold out.

Aloha, a few weeks ago the Ukulele Site had the new pono koa master series. It looked beautiful. Corey said, "its amazing, it blew me out of the water". Any thoughts about this new model? Is it really that amazing? I dont see it listed anymore, wondering if they are sold out.

Looks sold out. These pages remain up even after they remove the link to them. I figured that out after ordering a ukulele recently when I wanted to revisit the page.

Beautiful uke! Sounds pretty amazing as well, although he makes all ukuleles sound amazing.

They did not last long. The first few sold in the first hours/day of posting and the others went in the next day or two.

Ya those flew off the shelf super fast. I was really contemplating getting one when they were posted, but they just kept disappearing from being available. My thoughts on them were they were all gorgeous with master-grade koa. Pono hasn't had a Koa ukulele since the PKT back in the late 2000's. The sound and tone with the new bracing were awesome. A huge step up from the old bracing. Much bigger and more resonant sound, IMO. What gave me pause is I just got an Anuenue Lion, and I wasn't used to seeing a pono tenor for 2k. In retrospect, the 2k is probably worth it because of the koa. You don't really see that kind of koa at that price point.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies! That is crazy how fast they sold! I wonder how long it will be until they get more?

Thanks for all the replies! That is crazy how fast they sold! I wonder how long it will be until they get more?
Unclear. In the description, they say that they were holding the special koa wood until they got the construction down right. There might not be any more limited like these, but there should be some more "master series" from Pono that should sound equal with different wood choices.

Top Bottom