Possible Scam?

pmg2021

Hello everyone!

I apologize if this was addressed previous but I recently sold an instrument on reverb. When I tried looking up the address on Google maps, it shows the location to be in the middle of the street. The homes close to the location on Google maps doesn’t show the address (it sort of skips it for some reason). I reached out to customer support and they assured me they are legitimate and the payment cleared. I reached out to the buyer to confirm the address to make sure they didn’t type it incorrectly but I haven’t heard back. I am thinking of canceling all together but would like some input or if someone experienced something similar

pmg2021

Hello everyone!

I apologize if this was addressed previous but I recently sold an instrument on reverb. When I tried looking up the address on Google maps, it shows the location to be in the middle of the street. The homes close to the location on Google maps doesn’t show the address (it sort of skips it for some reason). I reached out to customer support and they assured me they are legitimate and the payment cleared. I reached out to the buyer to confirm the address to make sure they didn’t type it incorrectly but I haven’t heard back. I am thinking of canceling all together but would like some input or if someone experienced something similar
Just to err on the side of caution, I issued a refund.

Jag-Stang

UU VIP
UU VIP
Depending on how you ship You should always insure any expensive package. If it gets lost or does not get delivered you will either get it returned or you will be covered. The USPS has a way of checking addresses that will disable labels from being printed for non-deliverable addresses. On Reverb always check feedback to see if the customer has bought before. Never get in touch using an eMail address instead of going through Reverb. Anytime a buyer tries to take the sale off of Reverb it is a scam.
This sounds like a legitimate buyer if payment went through. If feedback shows other sales I would think it is not a scam and go ahead with the deal.
I cleaned up a lot of good old parts around my bench and a few project instruments and sold them on Reverb without problem. It is pretty safe however I find other shipping options can be better and cheaper so I tend to use Pirateship and insure anything over $50 Reverb does try to discount rates but are not always cheapest. Plus you have to pay for the Reverb guarantee which is not always inexpensive depending on price. Insurance is always the best route and be sure to pack correctly loosen strings and have enough packing so the instrument is well protected and can not move during shipping.

pmg2021

Depending on how you ship You should always insure any expensive package. If it gets lost or does not get delivered you will either get it returned or you will be covered. The USPS has a way of checking addresses that will disable labels from being printed for non-deliverable addresses. On Reverb always check feedback to see if the customer has bought before. Never get in touch using an eMail address instead of going through Reverb. Anytime a buyer tries to take the sale off of Reverb it is a scam.
This sounds like a legitimate buyer if payment went through. If feedback shows other sales I would think it is not a scam and go ahead with the deal.
I cleaned up a lot of good old parts around my bench and a few project instruments and sold them on Reverb without problem. It is pretty safe however I find other shipping options can be better and cheaper so I tend to use Pirateship and insure anything over $50 Reverb does try to discount rates but are not always cheapest. Plus you have to pay for the Reverb guarantee which is not always inexpensive depending on price. Insurance is always the best route and be sure to pack correctly loosen strings and have enough packing so the instrument is well protected and can not move during shipping.
I am definitely going to insure it. Another customer bought my instrument but the reverb label said that the address couldn't be verified and to contact the buyer. I did that, so hopefully, they can provide the correct address. The previous buyer's account didn't have a review that I could view. It was weird because the buyer also didn't have a gear locker. I felt bad refunding the buyer but it just didn't feel right. Anyway, thank you for sharing your experience!

PetalumaRescuke

A similar scam is to Fedex a business check as payment, the one I received was an over payment, They state that their representative will pick up the instrument. I looked up the company and called them, they didn't know anything about such a transaction. They also noted that the name was slightly misspelled. Now whenever I get a similar offer I toss the check in the fireplace. I was informed that cashing the check will leave you responsible after a few days when the check bounces.

pmg2021

A similar scam is to Fedex a business check as payment, the one I received was an over payment, They state that their representative will pick up the instrument. I looked up the company and called them, they didn't know anything about such a transaction. They also noted that the name was slightly misspelled. Now whenever I get a similar offer I toss the check in the fireplace. I was informed that cashing the check will leave you responsible after a few days when the check bounces.
I'm sorry you had to experience that. I just don't get why people (scammers) would do that to good people. Times are tough for everyone but trying to scam someone in any way, especially from a beautiful ukulele, is not the way. Thank you for sharing your experience. I will definitely watch out for this. Good news though, the buyer was able to correct their address. I hope they enjoy their ukulele!