Show us your ukes!

my ukes:

Pono MHTSH-E (Kalu)
Ohana SK-21 (Om)
KoAloha Noah (Lil' Noah)

IMG_1087.jpg

youre ukes are darn awesome. i got the chance to hold one at the recent Reno Uke Fest. i especially loved the Fat Bottom model.

Hey thanks so much. I appreciate that a lot. I play a FatBottom myself. The balance is just perfect for me. I'm working right now on an archtop FatBottom in Mahogany.

Here are mine, so far:

C. 1950 Gibson tenor

DSC_0017-1.jpg

1960's Martin baritone

DSC_0079-1.jpg

Last edited:
Must add photos of my gals soon, but

When does UAS start... I've only been playing as I started to support Mum after my dad suddenly died on 31st March 2012 (wee early hours), and I got hooked quickly, especially as it became ur shared therapy, and the TUSC (UK) group are awesome, with fab song books!

So pleased to see I'm not the only newbie with as many as I have!
(plus the four mum has, makala dolphin (on loan from her school, and what got here into it), her first was a chord soprano (and on loan to me until I got my first one), a kala soprano and a kala soprana travel.

We also got my brothers girlfirend into it and got a Lankai soprano as a thankyou too....

When does enthusaim become obsession?

Wow! There are so many breath-taking ukes out there! The beauty can be almost overwhelming. I can see how difficult it is to have a monogamous relationship with your first ukulele. ;)

This has always been my fav thread, juts now noticed its a sticky! WOohoo!
Adding my latest to it...

kanilea_2.jpg

My Ukes

MyUkes.jpgSay hello to Vinny, Oscar and Hannah

Makala MK-S w/ Aurora multicolor strings
Flea M-40 w/ original Aquila strings (meanwhile changed to clear Living Water Strings)
Kala KA-C w/ low G (swapped it back to standard in the meantime)

3ukes_.jpg

Makala Dolphin (candy apple red)
with the MK-S from above (here w/ Aquila strings)
makala-s_f.jpgmakala-s_s.jpg

My three lovely Kanilea ukuleles
P1010250.jpg

engraved my one and only uke (only a very cheap laminate) and made the case for it

photo (1).jpg

photo.jpg

Hi guys,

thought I'd share this one which just breezed into the office: a lovely surf model uke from reknown Japanese Luthier, Shimo san!

20120710_162557.jpg20120710_162633.jpg20120710_162431.jpg20120710_162642.jpg20120710_162517.jpg

Top Bottom