Purple Pineapple Sundae

pmorey

UU VIP
UU VIP
It is misleading to label it a KoAloha.
I 100% agree and don't see it as splitting hairs since this is not a KoAloha ukulele.

But all they would have to do is add "Pops" to the beginning of their listing to make it "Pops KoAloha Purple Pineapple Sundae Concert Ukulele 2020 with hard shell case" and it is 100% accurate.

🤷‍♂️

derbyhat

Total shot in the dark here. And if the person who won that Mega Millions thing last week and is now $1.2B richer is a forum member, I wouldn’t say no to a random act of kindness and out of the blue gift.

Or maybe “out of the purple” gift is more appropriate?

See? You’re laughing. Totally worth a uke.

Kenn2018

UU VIP
UU VIP
Saw this one on Reverb. Rather unique, if that's your thing.

KoAloha Purple Pineapple Sundae Concert Ukulele 2020 with hard shell case https://reverb.com/item/51986497-ko...are&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=51986497
The art work on the top is hand done by an artist in HI. They did several designs for Pops. Each unique and lovely.

I agree calling it a Ko'Aloha is misleading. But then again, how many people would check it out if it was listed as an UkeSA? I checked it out because my first reaction was: has Ko'Aloha bought Pops' design? I wonder what the label says?

Voran

*drooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool*

ukudancer

I was expecting the sundae description to be about ice cream and not a hibiscus. 🤣

Ukecaster

Splitting hairs on the listing name. I mean, if Pops isn't Koaloha, who is? I have no dog in this fight...just sayin'.

rainbow21

Splitting hairs on the listing name. I mean, if Pops isn't Koaloha, who is? I have no dog in this fight...just sayin'.
That is not splitting hairs. Pops is an inherent part of KoAloha and still is. The ukulele is NOT a KoAloha. He does not represent them as a KoAloha but as an UkeSA one. For the store to list it as a KoAloha is wrong. They should list it correctly.

Jerryc41

That is not splitting hairs. Pops is an inherent part of KoAloha and still is. The ukulele is NOT a KoAloha. He does not represent them as a KoAloha but as an UkeSA one. For the store to list it as a KoAloha is wrong. They should list it correctly.

At one time, the Pineapple Sunday was KoAloha, with the traditional logo on the headstock. Then they began making the UkeSA version with a different headstock. The one on Reverb is UkeSA.

1.jpgDifferent Logo.jpg

efiscella

UU VIP
UU VIP
You are correct in that the purple "One of a Pine" listed on Reverb by Cool Hand Uke is not a KoAloha but is Ukesa. It was handmade by Pops at the KoAloha factory in Honolulu. The art is handpainted by Moses Cao. The big difference and only difference in my mind is that the warranty is not KoAloha-- it is Ukesa. Pops warrants these from defects as UkesaHawaii.com. Pop's Masterpiece series (Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre, and Juke-a-lele) is now discontinued at KoAloha and is solely made by Pops through Ukesahawaii.com, still from the KoAloha factory but under the Ukesahawaii brand. I hope this helps.