Traded Rebel "Alchemist" Jr Custom Sopranino - Less than 1/2 price from list!

Price
Shipping
40ish
Size
Sopranino

rhiggie

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I got this uke here on UU. It's had such a great pedigree that I had to try it. This member gave it high ratings and had enough uke experience I trusted them, and they weren't wrong. The build truly is 1st class, and it's cool just to look at. It's voice, both sound and volume will surprise you for it's size. And the setup is also dead on. It's got a wound low G on it that really fills in the bottom. And it's tuned to standard soprano tuning without excess slop in the strings. But I'm primarily a tenor player, and I can't make my big fingers get used to the real estate on the fretboard. I would think one of you who prefers soprano will make the switch easily! So I want to pass it along to someone who can play it as it deserves. The list on this is $1695, then it's in a really nice Ortega Professional case that was around $75. I'll let it go for $850 plus shipping/ins. That assumes Paypal F&F, and I'm happy to do Goods and Services if you pick up the extra fees. My guess is the shipping/ins will be under $40. I'm happy to answer all questions honestly, my goal is no surprises on the receiving end!

Now for the details directly from the HMS listing.
This is a truly special ukulele designed by Rebel artist Yo and crafted by their head builder Chote. The design is both creative and practical and the construction is exquisite. Chote built custom furniture for many years before learning lutherie from Paul and Griz from KoAloha. This ukulele is unique and beautiful but what is most impressive is the tone. It has excellent projection and a big warm body of sound while still retaining clear focus and remarkable sustain. It is the most customized, coolest looking, and best sounding sopranino we've ever had. On top of that it plays really easily for such a tiny uke. The scale on this ukulele is and inch and a half shorter than a soprano so it's quite the cute little uke. But what a beautiful design and such a nice full tone. It's one of the best instruments to ever come through our store.
The instrument is a mix of spruce and mahogany and it features a Macassar ebony arm bevel for added comfort. It has Indian rosewood sided and back and ebony appointments. We asked Rebel owner Peng to give us some thoughts on the creation of this unique masterpiece and why they decided to call it the "Alchemist". " 'Hybrid' was the unofficial name of this model when we started working on this project. We wanted to find the tone that is unique by eliminating the limitation of each individual tone wood. Being creative and exploring alternatives were our top priority. We've studied how the woods and bracing patterns affect the tones and always looked for the so-called "ideal tone". The process of making this ukulele was to achieve the unseeable things - the Rebel tone. We made a hypothesis, tested it, and proved it. We did it by trial and error again and again! Just like a chef looked for a new taste in each dish he made, he tasted the dish when it was fully cooked."

THE REBEL UKULELE – MODEL: ALCHEMIST JR.
Specifications:
Size: Sopranino
Top: Mahogany | Spruce | Mahogany
Back and Sides: Indian Rosewood
Scale: 12”
Fretboard: 15-Fret
Neck: Mahogany with 3-stripe Maple
Nut & Saddle: TUSQ
Headplate: Ebony
Headstock Rebel Logo: Woods Inlay
Internal Bracing: Floating fan
Fretboard & Bridge: Ebony