Recommendations for reputable online stores and brands for a newbie please!

Cadia

I was curious if I was going to see "Uke Like the Pros" mentioned now that they have become a YouTube ukulele seller as well as selling on-line lessons. They claim to be very big and very good but something about them makes me wary. I'd hate to be unfair if they are offering fair deals and good set-up for customers but I've seen little in the way of customer feed back yet.
Nope.

kaimuki

Customer feedback I've seen online is all positive .

I contacted their customer service department recently about an inaccurate ukulele listing on their store website .
Their reply was prompt and professional and they corrected the listing .

Dohle

Customer feedback I've seen online is all positive .
There have been a few pretty negative threads here in the last few months that have pointed out some specific grievances with ULTP. I haven't dealt with them so I can't comment on how they operate, just wanted to point out that there are complaints.

kaimuki

There have been a few pretty negative threads here in the last few months that have pointed out some specific grievances with ULTP. I haven't dealt with them so I can't comment on how they operate, just wanted to point out that there are complaints.
Thanks for pointing that out .

Jimpro

I too have had great experience with ukelikethepros. They are knowledgeable and can help guide your choice based on what you want to play and your budget and they give 100% satisfaction so if you don’t like it they take it back for full refund.

Mo So

I was curious if I was going to see "Uke Like the Pros" mentioned now that they have become a YouTube ukulele seller as well as selling on-line lessons. They claim to be very big and very good but something about them makes me wary. I'd hate to be unfair if they are offering fair deals and good set-up for customers but I've seen little in the way of customer feed back yet.
I bought a Kala solid acacia concert from them a couple of weeks ago. I didn't walk away feeling that I had gotten the cheapest deal on the planet, but on the other hand I got a solid instrument with a very good setup, which, for my first ukulele, counted for a lot. I got a little setup card with it, with the name of the person who did the setup and a lot of the specs they set it to - it is a little thing, but I am happy to have it. I've gone through several of the lessons and I think they are pretty good (currently working on the Music Theory lesson set).

Cadia

Well put, Dohle.

Cadia

Ya can't go wrong with any of these most excellent online ukulele sellers!

Click links (alphabetical order):

Mainland Ukes

Mim's Ukes

The Ukulele Site

Uke Republic

They all provide quality ukes with good setups (which is important for an ukulele to play and sound well).
I want to add World of Ukes to this list. Matt has always seemed like a very honest and trustworthy vendor. I recently bought a uke from him. Not only is it beautiful, it plays very well and arrived from the UK to the US in 3 days, no additional shipping or fees. Very easy and pleasant transaction.