Repairing lifted bridge Amahi

Renovia

Hello, I have a pineapple Amahi and today the bridge began lifting causing a buzz. I’d like to get all the materials to repair this myself as I need to know how to do this.
I searched and found hide glue and something to heat it up. I can find a clamp. Is there anything else I will need other than new strings?

BradDonaldson

Was the original glue job done with HHG? If not, what you propose is a very bad idea. The proper way to fix this, is to first remove the bridge completely. Then remove all the old glue from the bottom of the bridge and from the top. Then the bridge can be reglued with the proper glue of choice.
Brad

BradDonaldson

Do not worry about it, I can assure you that Amahi does not use hot hide glue (HHG). Does your ukulele have two white plastic dots on the bridge? If so there is a wood screw under each of the dots, which further complicates the repair. If it was me, I would mask off the top, leaving about a 1/32” gap around the bridge. Then I would wick in some thin CA glue around the bridge perimeter and then use finger pressure to push the bridge against the top until the glue sets. I would never try this on a quality instrument, but in this case there is a reasonable chance of a quick and dirty repair.
Brad

BlackBearUkes

As suggested, remove the bridge, clean off all the old glue from the top and bridge, use Titebond red cap glue, clamp, clean up the side and let it cure one day and you're good to go.