Review- aNueNue Blue Arona Concert Ukulele (UC-10)

Glad you liked this one Vic - in my opinion one of the real gems that came to market last year. They are remarkable!

As much as I love re entrant, these might be a great choice for low G tuning. I bet they would sound nice

Excellent detailed review, thanks for posting it! I’ve got an Almond Milk one that I really like. Love the light build and it has pretty incredible sustain it. Changed the stock Clear Water strings to Black Water which I think suits it better.

Here’s a sound sample.

Nice job on the review Vic ( and Baz too - seen yours before )

For the concert player this one is a must for the price. I didn't count the number of times Vic mentioned the price, but he as well as others are finding what they get for the price remarkable.

Do not watch the video and make it a drinking game - if you had a sip each time Vic mentions the price you will be hammered by the time the video ends ! And I mean that in a nice way. Vic is blown away with what he got for the price paid. Looks like a great value. If I were a Concert player I'd own one of these. Would make a great gift too I think. Quality at a very attractive price. Maybe a bit funky looking - but its part of the charm and actually kinda neat. And as pointed out extra included - darn nice gig bag.

Glad you liked this one Vic - in my opinion one of the real gems that came to market last year. They are remarkable!
In my opinion, all of the aNueNue ukes are real gems.

How would you folks compare this Anuenue to the solid spruce top Kala concert (Kala KA-SCG) that costs about the same?

How would you folks compare this Anuenue to the solid spruce top Kala concert (Kala KA-SCG) that costs about the same?
I don’t have experience with the Kala, but other the obvious difference in looks (traditional vs a more modern “funky” style), you have the choice of a maple fretboard if you choose the Almond Milk and Living Coral versions of the UC10. Otherwise the other models of the UC10 have rosewood fretboards like the Kala.

I find that the fit and finish of the UC10 is impeccable, one of the best I’ve seen on a non all-solid uke. My only negative is that the tuning pegs are not great, gets a little tight at times, but that’s a very minor gripe. Overall the UC10 is one of the nicest and best sounding non all-solid ukes I’ve played.

I know the looks of the UC10 ain’t for everyone, but I find it rather elegant and attractive. I really like how my Almond Milk UC10 look 😊

Last edited:
I don’t have experience with the Kala, but other the obvious difference in looks (traditional vs a more modern “funky” style), you have the choice of a maple fretboard if you choose the Almond Milk and Living Coral versions of the UC10. Otherwise the other models of the UC10 have rosewood fretboards like the Kala.

I find that the fit and finish of the UC10 is impeccable, one of the best I’ve seen on a non all-solid uke. My only negative is that the tuning pegs are not great, gets a little tight at times, but that’s a very minor gripe. Overall the UC10 is one of the nicest and best sounding non all-solid ukes I’ve played.

I know the looks of the UC10 ain’t for everyone, but I find it rather elegant and attractive. I really like how my Almond Milk UC10 look 😊

The brands use very different neck profiles as well.

What do people think of the painted top (aside from the looks)? that's always a bit of a question mark for me on these, but I suppose it's not much different than a thick gloss finish.
I've heard that the paint is much thinner and nicer on the aNueNue compared to the vast majority of cheap painted ukes. Certainly doesn't seem to affect sound at all.

In my opinion the paint is fine and looks great. It is actually one of the reasons I purchased the uke. I wanted something unique.
The aNueNue definitely fills the bill.

What do people think of the painted top (aside from the looks)? that's always a bit of a question mark for me on these, but I suppose it's not much different than a thick gloss finish.
The paint is very nicely done. Doesn’t feel cheap or tacky at all. It doesn’t feel like it’s a thick layer.

Top Bottom