Rough two weeks

plunker

Lost two deals at work $ 2,500 commission
CPAP machine went bad, six weeks to get in to see the doc another three weeks for the sleep test ( which I failed the first time). Finally found an online teledoc set up to write the prescription, but the company would not take Medicare so $ 650 gone'
Medicare stopped paying for the Asthma meds I was on for 15 years that worked well. $ 432,00 a month with out the insurance. Finally found someone at the insurance to go over the options ( call and all you get is recordings of ads.) that they will pay for and now I am experimenting with their recommended replacement, we'll see. Wife's art studio addition to the house has been delayed for ever, covid, the engineer had covid, the engineer left town .......found out that FEMA changed our flood zone and I needed a new survey to continue.. first appointment surveyors no show, second appoint surveyors no show, finally, came today. Also, noticed seepage on top of the septic tank. Drain field is probably shot, but at $ 250 a pump and that lasts about two years, I'll keep doing that instead of a new drain field. Oh found out car need new tires. And finally, the uke logic strings came and I really don't like them( Hopefully yet). Mom had a little sticker "A smooth sea never made a good mariner." Hopefully the sailing lessons are over for a while.

Last edited:

rainbow21

Hope things take a turn for the better right now.

Good time to pick up an ukulele and find a peaceful spot with it.

Jan D

Wow, plunker. Sounds like you’ve had a year’s worth of bad luck in the past two weeks! Really hope things take a turn for the better soon. Wishing you good luck going forward! You certainly deserve it, after everything you’ve had to deal with.

plunker

Appreciate all the kinds words. Sorry to throw up on the forum, but is was a good outlet.

VegasGeorge

UU VIP
UU VIP
Hey, that's OK, part of what we're here for. Online friends are still friends, and sharing troubles is just a part of friendship. I hope things get a whole lot better for you, and soon!

Neil_O

Best of luck. I'll send you positive thoughts in my morning meditation.

Nickie

Today was rough. My neighbor, and friend, Barbara passed away peacefully with palliative care this morning. Godspeed Barbara.

plunker

Sorry to hear that, Nickie. Truly, good friends are very rare and it is such a blessing to have th3em and such a loss to loose them. Hopefully the memories will be sweet and you can rest in the thought that the suffering was minimal. RIP Barbara.

Nickie

Thank you plunker. She is with us still, as long as we remember her.....