Savarez Strings

Melissa82

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I just received my concert size Mainland Mahogany uke in the mail today from kkimura. I slapped on some Savarez strings and they are amazing. I used to really like Worth Clears but these Savarez strings are amazing. If you are looking for a warm sound, definitely check them out.

Low g or high G? My KPK longneck soprano came with Worth Clear trebles and unwound Savarez low G.

I have Worth clears on my tenor. I wonder what Savarez strings would do for my powerful little soprano?

I like the Salvares 504, slighter little thicker and softer compound with less tension producing a warmer tone...

My Collings has them on it and I really like them.

Savarez are the current strings of choice on my Mainland.

Last edited:
Another Savarez fan here

Yep, me too. Love em on my ukes, especially the Collings. As far as uke specific sets go, they only make high g (re-entrant) sets. You can piece your own sets together though, and I have tried some of the singles from Strings by Mail for unwound low g, but I just think a wound low g is still superior. I used to use the Savarez Corum 504 for this purpose, but I'm not sure if they still make it. Anyway, once you get into that 0.090" diameter, it seems like the standard KF-Alliance strings aren't as lively as the rest of the set. I typically play high g, though, and Savarez is definitely my string of choice, with Worth clears a very acceptable alternative.

-Steve

I like the Salvares 504, slighter little thicker and softer compound with less tension producing a warmer tone...

Pardon my ignorance but aren't 504's branded as guitar strings? I see that Savarez do have sets for ukes. So what are you guys using? Custom mixes of strings or complete sets right out of the packet?

Pardon my ignorance but aren't 504's branded as guitar strings? I see that Savarez do have sets for ukes. So what are you guys using? Custom mixes of strings or complete sets right out of the packet?

Aloha Hollis,
okay I dont tell all but I will tell you, please do not repeeat this... ;)...for the CEA strings http://www.stringsbymail.com/store/...et-3806.html?zenid=mek6f689sc1jkm7poodvkgq3o2 for the top three strings
Savarez 540R_Trebles Alliance Normal Tension, Treble Set
Savarez Classical Guitar Strings Savarez 540R_Trebles Alliance Normal Tension Classical Guitar Strings, Treble Set Set of 3 treble strings...
$7.69

And this low G for the 4th string....http://www.stringsbymail.com/store/...on-3812.html?zenid=mek6f689sc1jkm7poodvkgq3o2

or you could use your string combo, or pick Craig Brandau set...
C3 CB LowG
Custom Customer Concoction | Craig Brandau Low G Uke Set which comes with 4 strings http://www.stringsbymail.com/store/...sc1jkm7poodvkgq3o2&keyword=savarez+corum+504r
Craig Brandau's Low G Ukulele Set: 1st: Savarez Alliance KF 541R - (A) normal tension .0244 2nd: Savarez Alliance KF 542R - (E) normal...
$10.18

This might be another secret, do not tell...LOL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>shrrrr http://www.promopro.com/merchant-Strings-By-Mail-coupons-deals-26596.html

Call or TEXT 231-223-7788 | USA 800-513-8271

Last edited:

Yes, they are classical guitar strings. The uke sets that Savarez now offers (140R/150R), are made up of the 540 Alliance (guitar) trebles. Prior to the sets being offered, you just made your own set from the Alliance (fluorocarbon) classical single strings.

I still make my own sets using the KF52 (.0205) 542R/KF69 (.0272) 543R/KF84 (.0331) 541R/KF62 (.0244). The Savarez (150R) made sets for the tenor consist of the KF52 (.0205)-KF69 (.0272)-KF84 (.0331)-KF57 (.0224). Basically, I'm just using a little thicker G string.

Savarez offers so many sizes in the singles you can really tailor your set any way you like.

We have our own ukuleles (small limited edition runs), and our latest prototype has Savarez strings. I think they're well worth a try. If you have a uke that is a bit underpowered too, they have some real volume to them.

Hey Stan ... are they re-entrant? Easier for finger style playing as well?

Yes, they are classical guitar strings. The uke sets that Savarez now offers (140R/150R), are made up of the 540 Alliance (guitar) trebles. Prior to the sets being offered, you just made your own set from the Alliance (fluorocarbon) classical single strings.

I still make my own sets using the KF52 (.0205) 542R/KF69 (.0272) 543R/KF84 (.0331) 541R/KF62 (.0244). The Savarez (150R) made sets for the tenor consist of the KF52 (.0205)-KF69 (.0272)-KF84 (.0331)-KF57 (.0224). Basically, I'm just using a little thicker G string.

Savarez offers so many sizes in the singles you can really tailor your set any way you like.

Are these re-entrant? Warm sounding?

Top Bottom