Seaguar Blue Label samples - got what I wanted, thanks!

mikelz777

Reaction score
I've been contemplating trying out some Seaguar Blue Label fluorocarbon fishing leader/line as ukulele strings and I thought it would be nice to try some out before committing to buying whole spools of line. Is there anyone out there who could send me some line? I'd be willing to pay whatever is a fair price for it. What I'd be looking for is enough string to make two sets for a concert scale which I believe would be about 46"- 48" of each string in 30#, 40#, 50# and 60# tests. I'd even be interested in 80# test if you had it. If you are able to help me out, please send a PM. Thanks for looking!

A while back, I randomly came across some deeply discounted Seaguar Pink labels and I believe a Blue label as well, so I bought em. I can't remember what weights they were, and actually, I don't know if I still have them, but when I get a chance, I can look through some storage boxes to see if I have them. I never actually got to try them out myself, but if I can get some lengths to you, I'll take a nice review of them here on UU as payment (if you don't mind). I don't know when I'd get around to putting them on, so reading a review would be great. I don't think I had enough sizes for a full set, and it's possible that they were lost or given away, but if I can find them, I'll let you know.

I've been contemplating trying out some Seaguar Blue Label fluorocarbon fishing leader/line as ukulele strings and I thought it would be nice to try some out before committing to buying whole spools of line. Is there anyone out there who could send me some line? I'd be willing to pay whatever is a fair price for it. What I'd be looking for is enough string to make two sets for a concert scale which I believe would be about 46"- 48" of each string in 30#, 40#, 50# and 60# tests. I'd even be interested in 80# test if you had it. If you are able to help me out, please send a PM. Thanks for looking!
Hi, I use berkley flourocarbon fishing line which is similar to seaguar..pm me your details and I'll send you some..Ill include some 80lb ( .91mm ) it works as a low g for strumming I suppose but for fingerpicking it's not so good ( I use wound low g )

A while back, I randomly came across some deeply discounted Seaguar Pink labels and I believe a Blue label as well, so I bought em. I can't remember what weights they were, and actually, I don't know if I still have them, but when I get a chance, I can look through some storage boxes to see if I have them. I never actually got to try them out myself, but if I can get some lengths to you, I'll take a nice review of them here on UU as payment (if you don't mind). I don't know when I'd get around to putting them on, so reading a review would be great. I don't think I had enough sizes for a full set, and it's possible that they were lost or given away, but if I can find them, I'll let you know.
Er, do you not want the pink then? I haven't found them yet, and it would spare me the search.

I'm somewhat at a loss here so I don't know what to say. Regarding the color, I've never seen the pink line so I don't know how pink it is and I was just wondering how pink strings would look against the various shades of brown of most ukuleles. Regarding the search, the way it was framed in the first response, the prospect of finding the strings or still even having them sounded pretty iffy and it wasn't clear if a full set of strings could be made if they were found. While I am thankful and appreciative of your generosity and willingness to help, I would only be interested in a full set of strings.

One of my local luthiers had been using Seaguar Blue for many years. He recently switched to Seaguar Red because of durability issues with Seaguar Blue. Not sure if there is any sound difference.

Seaguar Pink are basically clear but have a sight magenta tint. I can't see the tint unless I'm in good light and stare at them. And, yeah, they look just like Uke Logic strings. I strung my Kala Custom Elite with Pink and took it to HMS (tuning head problem) and they asked how I liked the Uke Logic strings on my Elite. I told them it was Seaguar Pink...

My second choice is Seaguar Premier, also very smooth and fray resistant, but slightly brighter in tone and no tint. I think both Pink and Premier have a smooth coating to make them fray resistant when pulled across coral and rocks. Probably mellows the tone, hence the sweeter timbre. Blue lacks that coating and often frays at the nut and bridge quickly.

Seaguar Pink are basically clear but have a sight magenta tint. I can't see the tint unless I'm in good light and stare at them.
That's good to know and opens up another possible option. It doesn't sound like they would stand out as much as I thought they might. When you see pictures of the reels listed for sale on whatever site they look really pink but I didn't know to what degree they would look pink when looking at a single line.

Hey Mike. I got all 5 of them and will send no charge. I buy Mitchell ukes and set them up with these for Toys for Toys every year. OK sound but stay in tune quickly. I’m not sure if I can PM with this new format but will try. If you don’t hear from me please PM me. I’m down by Mankato so will get them to you quickly

@ necessaryrooste
Thanks for those pictures! It looks like the pink isn't very noticeable and that you pretty much have to be close-up or really looking for it to notice the pink. My initial thought was that the pink strings would really clash on the uke but they they're hardly noticeable.

Hey Mike. I got all 5 of them and will send no charge. I buy Mitchell ukes and set them up with these for Toys for Toys every year. OK sound but stay in tune quickly. I’m not sure if I can PM with this new format but will try. If you don’t hear from me please PM me. I’m down by Mankato so will get them to you quickly
Thank you so much for your offer on the strings! Yes I did get your PM and a reply has been sent.

I want to thank all of the helpful people here on UU. Through the generosity of members here I have some Seaguar and some Berkley fluorocarbon samples on the way. I have 2 or 3 ukes ready for string changes so I'm looking forward to experimenting with them. Thanks again guys! (y) (y) 😊😊

That's good to know and opens up another possible option. It doesn't sound like they would stand out as much as I thought they might. When you see pictures of the reels listed for sale on whatever site they look really pink but I didn't know to what degree they would look pink when looking at a single line.
I hv Uke Logic on a baritone and I thought they were pink fishing line. I love the sound and I like the slight pink tone a lot. I don’t think the pink is bright enough for anyone to be annoyed by the color.

I hv Uke Logic on a baritone and I thought they were pink fishing line. I love the sound and I like the slight pink tone a lot. I don’t think the pink is bright enough for anyone to be annoyed by the color.
After seeing the pictures above, they don't look nearly as bad as I initially thought they might. I wouldn't have any problem putting a set on one of my ukes.

Top Bottom