Season 161 of the Ukulele: Novelty Songs

Harry122

Solid Citizen
UU VIP
Reaction score

Season 161 – Novelty Songs!

We all enjoy novelty songs, whether it’s a crude tune like Benny Bell’s “Shaving Cream” or a parody like Weird Al’s “Yoda.” Wikipedia defines novelty songs as “comical or nonsensical songs, performed principally for their comical effect.”

This week, we’ll be doing novelty songs. Whether you cover a hit song, an obscure song, or write your own for us, novelty’s the name of the game.

Three prizes this week. There may even be a couple extra prizes!

Standard rules apply, plus the Thornton Rule – if you think the song you want to do fits this week’s theme, you’re right, it does. No bonus or old videos - send them over to the Island of Misfit Seasonistas! No limit on the number of songs you can submit.
Multi-tracking, extra instruments, collaborations, and the like are all okay. Just make sure that we can hear you playing your uke. Videos must be new for this Season, and say (or write) the Season’s name or number somewhere in the video. You know the drill.

Playlist

This will be fun!

YES! Fantastic theme! I was about to use a Weird Al song for Wendy's season a couple of weeks ago, so I've done some rehearsing --

This is the topic I thought I'd do if I ever hosted a season. Needless to say, I approve! Now to find the time to contribute!

Oh yes... this will be good!

A sister season to 119 Crazy Words Crazy Tunes :D

This should be a real fun season
Another week of clever laughter
Silly twists without reason
Who will be the one to flatter

Lovely introductory clip Randy. And what a great theme. I shall be lurking about like an illegal poacher this week!!! I love novelty tunes. Cheers and blessings brother and thankyou for hosting.

Lovely introductory clip Randy. And what a great theme. I shall be lurking about like an illegal poacher this week!!! I love novelty tunes. Cheers and blessings brother and thankyou for hosting.

If memory serves me, you owe me this one still Jon ;)..............

Must be telepathy. I woke this morning at some unearthly hour with a song idea in my head. I had to sneak out of bed and go and write it... and now I log on to see what the theme is and... guess what... I reckon my new lyrics fit your great theme like a glove. Now all I need to do is write a tune for it and record it ;). Hope I get time to do a couple this week. I've a few songs that elicited the response: "What nonsense!" ;)

Modern Major General

This number does not use the Ukulele. It is a Novelty Song. It need not be included in a play list. I did it for the Joy of it.

Season 161 - I'm My Own Grandpa

Not sure what this family tree looks like. There is a little key change at the end that I hadn't planned out and it's obvious. Prepare your ears.

Sorry. Have to wait 9 minutes before I can hit post. Time to make some coffee.

Top Bottom