Season 185 - The Family Act

lelouden

Reaction score

The Family Act

Sing me songs from famous musical families that have passed down their legacy of music. A good example of this would be Carter/Cash, Hank Williams Sr., Jr., and III, The Seeger's (Charles/Pete/Mike/Peggy), Nat King and Natalie Cole even the Marley's and on and on and on. Don't forget the husband and wife duo's and if you choose to cover sibling artists please make sure they are true siblings!

Sing me the songs you learned/heard from your mother, father, or Grandparents.

* Song writers – write me a song about the subject of “families and music” or about “family member's”.

Bonus Points - for videos done with family members. Get the parents, spouse, siblings involved or the kids and grandkids singing along. Trust me, these videos become precious gems to you and your families.

**Take a special note that I want all new vids. Keep the old vids in the family album on the coffee table :)

No song limits!

Basic Season Rules
1. No videos posted before 12:01 am, Hawaii time, Aug. 30th
Season closes at 11:59:59 pm, Hawaii time, on Sept. 6th
2. Uke front and center
3. family collaborations are great
4. multi tracking is fine
5. No old vids
6. Post the family that your songs came from along with the video please.

Have a great week :)

Winners will be drawn randomly. The prizes will be a gift certificate to Amazon to spend how you want or if you are Lynda or anyone else that fancied the waistcoat (vest) I will ship one to you. The waistcoat is red white and blue with stars and strips and is reversible with red on the other side. I made them for a barbershop quartet. I have 4 of them.

The Famous Family Act #1

The Family Act #2

Originals

Last edited:
Interesting theme, Linda. I'm afraid I seem to be the only musical one in my family - at least the only one that actually sings or plays anything but I do remember my Grandmother singing round the house so I'll have to see what I can find/remember.

Then there are those musical families plenty of scope there.

Linda, I love this theme! If I had family members who lived closer to me, we could get a vocal number together, that's for sure! So I'll give #1 a shot.

Hank Williams, Jr. also has a daughter, Holly Williams, that is also a singer-songwriter.

great theme idea linda!

can i ask, if it's siblings, or a married couple, can they be in a group with other people? you get two married couples for the price of one band, with abba... a married couple and a variety of complex other stuff going on with fleetwood mac... a married couple in the mamas and the papas... and lots of bands with a couple of members who are siblings...

and forgive me if i missed it... and i know it's NOT about prizes... but... are there prizes?

Great Season!! However, you are incorrect, Joliet Jake and Elwood Blues are in fact brothers for real.

Well Barry did do Florence. Doesn't that make them sort of family? :stop:

My original theme idea was that it was music passed down generations. Then I got to thinking about married duo's that were famous for that ( Tammy and George/ Sonny and Cher). Whether or not they stayed together they are well known as a famous musical couple.

But like I said, Im not going to monitor that. If you feel like someone fits then you be the judge of that.

Although the Partridge Family could work because Jack Cassidy and Shirley Jones are parents to David and Shaun Cassidy! <swoon>

people, whatever you do, do NOT go googling shirley jones and jack cassidy, there is stuff from jones' autobiography out there, she's talking about her sex drive, i'm not talking cars, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY do people share that stuff?!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a bit thick, Linda. I'm not sure if what you require is songs from an artist in a musical family, or collaboration songs from a musical family. e.g. is a Hank Jr song OK, or must it be a Hank Jr song with Hank Sr, or Hank III.?

Great theme! However, I must confess. The sick **** in me really wants to figure out how to twerk while playing the ukulele and have a go at "Wrecking Ball". I'm pretty sure that being the cause of everyone on UU gouging their eyes out would be against the TOS, though. Fortunately, I have a few ideas that should hopefully be less offensive to life-kind.

Last edited:
I'm a bit thick, Linda. I'm not sure if what you require is songs from an artist in a musical family, or collaboration songs from a musical family. e.g. is a Hank Jr song OK, or must it be a Hank Jr song with Hank Sr, or Hank III.?

Hank Jr is great. No it doesn't have to be songs they sang together.

great theme idea linda!

can i ask, if it's siblings, or a married couple, can they be in a group with other people? you get two married couples for the price of one band, with abba... a married couple and a variety of complex other stuff going on with fleetwood mac... a married couple in the mamas and the papas... and lots of bands with a couple of members who are siblings...

and forgive me if i missed it... and i know it's NOT about prizes... but... are there prizes?

Hmmm, Did I answer this question? Maybe not all of it?

Prizes there will be, but it hasn't hit me yet what that will be. Any good ideas? Maybe Ill send over Donny to sing Puppy Love :love:

Top Bottom