Season 2-0-2 ... Two by Two ... Duos and the Number 2

Neil is doing cool stuff over there I have no idea about! I'm as excited as I hope you are to see what he's creating. It's turned into a bigger project than we'd originally planned, but I'm not complaining! We'll wrap whenever he finishes it.

Meantime, "my part" that he mentioned was to compile a list of everybody who participated. We want to make sure we get all the names right, so please take a moment to check both your own name and handle and those of any friends who joined you, and let me know if you or they would like to be addressed any differently.

In particular, there are a few friends and family whose first names I did not know ... so be sure to let me know those so I can add them.

We want to make sure we don't miss anyone, and that all names are as you / they want them to appear!

Hosted by
UkeCan1 (Wendy)
Linear (Neil)

Seasonista Duoistas
AlanDP (Alan)
Austin1 (Tina)
Barbablanca (Berni)
Barefootgypsy (Lesley)
BigDaddyUker (Dave)
Bonesigh (Janet)
Bonesoup (Dan)
CAUkulele (Denise)
Captain Lovehandles (Jas)
Decaturcomp (Alan)
Gina’s Uke (Gina)
Greenie44 (Rick)
Halfling (Chris)
Hendulele (Rick)
IamNoMan (Tommy)
IvanTheT (Ivan)
Jazzbanjorex (Rex)
Lelouden (Linda)
Librainian (Andrew)
Manfrog (John)
Milliron (Laurie)
Myrnaukelele (Maureen)
Mythinformed (Mark)
Pabrizzer (Brian)
Peewee (Peter)
RedPaul1 (Paul)
Rustyy (Russell)
TheOnlyUkeThatMatters (Ralf)
TheSillyDave (Dave)
Tootler (Geoff)
Turtledrum (Linda)
Two Little Woodpeckers (Jon & Joo)
UkeFoote (Brian)
UkingViking (Mike in Denmark)
Ukulele Extra Cheese (Ted)
UkeyDave (Dave)
Wee_Ginga_Yin (Rob)
WeTigers (Saskia & Michael)
Xommen (Wim)

Friends & Family Duoistas
Adri (Mrs. Wim)
Amy (Tina’s sister)
April (Janet’s daughter)
Beryl (Berni’s electric guitar) J
Caroline (Lesley’s friend)
Cookie Monster J
Cynthia Tiger (Saskia’s sister)
Daisy (Linda L’s dog) J
Dan Bonesoup’s father-in-law
Gardeners of the World (Rob’s friends)
Heather (Rustyy’s friend)
Jef (Wendy’s friend)
Jessica (Mrs. Ralf)
Michael (Wendy’s friend)
Mitch (Rick H’s friend)
Mrs. Cheese
Nina Tiger (Michael & Saskia’s daughter)
Owen (Rustyy’s friend)
Ray (Mr. Denise)
Rex’s iPad
Ruth (Mrs. SillyDave)
Sandy (Manfrog’s friend)
Sara (Wendy’s niece)
Shane (Mr. Gina)
SillyDave’s New Year’s Eve quartet
Stephen (Wendy’s friend)
Susan (Mrs. Tommy)
Terri (Mrs. Decaturcomp)

Last edited:
I love that all the names are in a list like this. I know we have a FB page where you can put down your real name but they are all spread out. This kind of list is very nice. Wouldn't it be great if we had phone numbers too!

I'm guessing this isn't a new thought, but has a Seasons meetup in meatspace ever been proposed?

We had a one-day one in July, in Easton, PA ... "STRUM" (Seasonistas Tri-State Regional Ukulele Meetup) ... Tommy (IamNoMan) organized.

Six Seasonistas attended (plus some other uke-y people and assorted friends and family members) ... Tommy from central Pennsylvania, me, FiL, and Ken Brown (W2KB) from NJ, Janet (bonesigh) from Virginia, Jim (uke4ia) from Massachusetts. It was an awesome day, and wonderful to meet our out-of-state brethren and sistren live and make music together! We posted a few Seasons entries that week. Janet also joined me at the Einstein Alley open mic the night before, and we did a couple together there.

We all agreed we wanted to do it again, though we might be looking for a new location.

Also, UWC in Indiana ... yeah, it's far ... is the place to meet lots of us ... I counted at least 20 at UWC 6, and met a few more at UWC 7.

Lots of folks have also met up at various ukefests, and have visited each other while traveling. Tommy and Booli came to Uke NJ 3. There are a whole bunch of Seasonistas in Portland, OR, and they get together from time to time.

(And yeah, somewhere else in UU there's a place for regional events and stuff - there's thread for STRUM over there.)

Working on the final artwork. It's a good thing I'm still in the pencilling stage.

Seasos 202.jpg

Since folks out of our area, especially outside our country, probably won't get the symbolism ... that is a highway sign for US Route 202, which runs through New Jersey, not too far from where Neil and I both live. We briefly considered making our opening video in front of a live Rt 202 sign, but, well ... it's not that close ... and ... highway.

Season 202 Wrap!!!

Yes, folks ... once upon a time there was a Season called 202 ... some of you may fondly remember making duo videos with friends and family and other Seasonistas ... and even a dog, an iPad, and Cookie Monster.

And now ... 8 weeks later ... it is complete!

We made a ridiculously long wrap video ... my fault ... Neil tried to talk me out of it, and if I'd realized how long it would end up ... well, I should have listened, probably! But I didn't, and now it's done.

Bottom line:
YOU ARE ALL WINNERS!
If you participated, we shouted you out in the video, and there's a prize for you. You can get it here. This includes your friends and family who participated with you, if they want one too.

AND ...
There's also a fabulous prize for one lucky grand prize winner ... you can skip to 34:15 in the video to find out who.

And then, if you want to listen for your own personal shoutout(s) and/or be reminded how wonderful this Season was, and/or hear what we thought of the whole thing (spoiler summary: "amazing!") ... maybe you can play the rest in the background while you cook dinner or scrub your bathroom or change the oil in your car or shovel out of a snowstorm or something.

I apologize for the ridiculous length of the thing!

We both loved this Season, it was amazing, and fun ... and so wonderful to see so many of your friends and family join you, and rarely-heard-from Seasonistas return ... and the collabs between you were just incredible ... and it all just kept getting better and better all week.

Thank you all so much for coming to our party and being so awesome. Big hugs and bright sunny rays of Seasonista love. We had fun; I'm pretty sure you did too.

Now keep on rockin' it out at 210 and 211 and beyond!

Thank you, Wendy and Neil. This must have taken quite a bit of time. Please know that it's appreciated!

Epic wrap-up! Thanks for the comments about Reno. It's been a favorite of mine for a long time, and Linda did really great on the duet vocals. Thanks again!

Great wrap up you two. Good thing for YT's speed settings! LoL

Thanks for all the kind things you said about the collabs I was involved with. This is a talented bunch and I couldn't help myself. This was a really heart melting season and I feel lucky to have been able to find midnight time during this week.

Thanks Wendy and Neil for all you did. Neil the art work is fab!

That was incredible you guys! The exhaustive (not exhausting!) video was great.,I watched every second and it gave me a newfound appreciation for the effort and attention to detail you both contributed this week. It also showed me I missed more awesome videos than I realized. I have some rewinding to do! What a cool bit of art and such a creative and inclusive prize to boot. Outstanding! I sincerely wish I could have participated more this week. I had so many ideas and so little time!

OH MY GOSH! April is going to be so happy when I tell her! When I saw the art by Neil I was very excited as it is BEAUTIFUL. Never thought out of all the participants though that we would win! April is my lucky charm. She is always finding four leaf clovers. You may or may not know but art is a big, big part of who we are in this household. This couldn't be more perfect! I have just finished our new music room in the basement and will have a wall of Seasonita art and memories. I hope people continue to give prizes because they are just so special. This was a wonderful week worth going back to watch all the great videos that were submitted. Thank you, thank you Wendy and Neil our gracious hosts! You are right in saying that everyone here is a winner. We have a great family here :)

Un-wrap video

We had a long wrap up video from Wendy and Neil and now here is a long un-wrap video :)

Thanks again for a wonderful week guys.

We had a long wrap up video from Wendy and Neil and now here is a long un-wrap video :)

Thanks again for a wonderful week guys.

Awwww, how awesome was that?! Wow, Neil sure packed that well, didn't he? Congratulations, April, and Janet, and Barry ... and Dwight the fishie and all the cats and dogs ... so fun to see or hear from the whole family like that! I hope April (and all of you) enjoy her prize. I'm gonna come visit one of these days and see it on your wall!

Thanks also to the Linda's, Alan's, Brian, and Andrew for your kind comments. Big kudos to anyone who took the time to watch our ridiculously long wrap video - when I posted it I thought, what a waste of time - no one's ever going to watch all that!

Top Bottom